Dental Assistant Needed
Dental assistants perform a variety of patient care, office, and laboratory duties, and often work chair-side as dentists examine and treat patients. They make patients as comfortable as possible in the dental chair, prepare them for treatment, and obtain their dental records.
The duties of a dental assistant are among the most comprehensive and varied in the dental office. The dental assistant performs many tasks requiring both interpersonal and technical skills. Although state regulations vary, responsibilities may include:
- assisting the dentist during a variety of treatment procedures
- taking and developing dental radiographs (x-rays)
- serving as an infection control officer, developing infection control protocol and preparing and sterilizing instruments and equipment
- providing patients with instructions for oral care following surgery or other dental treatment procedures, such as the placement of a restoration (filling)
- teaching patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health;
(e.g., tooth brushing, flossing and nutritional counseling)
- taking impressions of patients' teeth for study casts (models of teeth)
- performing office management tasks that often require the use of a personal computer
- communicating with patients and suppliers (e.g., scheduling appointments, answering the telephone, and ordering supplies)
- helping to provide direct patient care in all dental specialties, including orthodontics, periodontics and oral surgery
TMS Services has over 30 years of experience in the Omaha-area healthcare facilities. In addition to competitive compensation and benefits, we can match you to a position with your desired schedule. Day, evening, and night shifts are available. Come to a staffing agency that offers positions with the flexibility you need in your professional life!
Where talent meets opportunity!