Manpower has partnered with a Manufacturing Company in Corona, CA. Our client is one of the world’s leading designers, manufacturers and distributors of plumbing products for the new construction and repair and remodel markets.
We are looking to meet Engineering Technicians who are cooperative, helpful, responsive, efficient and proactive, for 2nd Shift (2pm-10:30pm) who can report to work in Corona, CA for a permanent position!
See Job description below!
Ø Supports new product development initiatives within the plant through the design and development of new HMI controls for new processing equipment and supports improvement initiatives on existing products.
Ø Supports Engineers, shop floor technicians by assisting in trouble shooting equipment problems and lend technical support for automated manufacturing processes and equipment.
Ø Repair electronic components and controls.
Ø Responsibilities include but not limited to: Conduct necessary technology research and provide recommendations and/or installs and configures new hardware and software.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Recommend improvement initiatives to increase up time on equipment.
• Resolve related problems, exercising good technical judgment and organizing hands-on efforts.
• Troubleshoot and lend technical support for automated manufacturing processes and equipment
• Plan facility improvements for effective equipment utilization and product processing.
• Support lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, and participate in continuous improvement projects.
• Participate on project teams as required.
• Create and maintain hardware documentation for all automation equipment.
• Evaluate and test new or modified software programs and software development procedures
• Develop new programs, modify or edit existing programs for control processors and HMI's.
• Maintain and control current back up programs for all control processors and HMI's for the plant.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; and demonstrated successful ability to build positive partnerships, while working collaboratively with cross-functional business teams
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge and experience preferred
• Minimum 8 years machinist experience desired
• Knowledge of PLC systems and Systems Control Technologies, including in depth knowledge of Siemens, RSLogix , RSLinx, RSView, DeviceNet, Ethernet, and other network based I/O systems
• Proficient in programming and modification of new and existing PLC's and HMI's
• Ability to prioritize and interpret work requests and work orders
• Ability to organize, plan and schedule preventative and ongoing maintenance work to avoid disruption of production operations
• Ability to develop training material and provide training to management, maintenance technicians and users
• Minimum intermediate computer skills required (Microsoft Office Suite)
• Ability to lift 50lbs
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
• Manufacturing Safety knowledge a plus
· Ability to work flexible schedules when required, which may include weekends and holidays.
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)