To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Richardson, TX 75080
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
The Staffing Resource Group, Inc • Richardson, TX
Posted 2 months ago
The “Our Client” Clinical Pharmacist will onboard, monitor, and manage the clinical services and offering for our clients. Responsible for ensuring compliance with all rules and regulations, as defined by Company policy, the Board of Pharmacy Standards, and health care laws, this position will work with the “Our Client” clinical team, reporting to the Chief Operations Officer. Positon activities include, but are not limited to, accurate and timely: interpretation of medication sheets and orders, medication order entry, and pharmacist verification. Incumbent will maintain safe, efficient, and effective operations and services to achieve expected clinical and administrative outcomes as established by our policies and procedures.
· Reviews and interprets prescription drug orders received either verbally, via fax, or other electronic means.
· Accurately and efficiently performs medication order entry or transfer, according to both client and Care Services policies and procedures, including appropriate verification and Drug Utilization Reviews (DUR) pursuant to up to date clinical practices, and in compliance with state and federal status.
· Performs professional functions including patient, nurse, and physician interaction to ensure patients receive the right drug, dose, and administration and at the right time.
· Oversees pharmacy technician activities according to state and federal guidelines.
· Documents all activities in accordance with “Our Client” policies and procedures, and the state in which the prescription / medication order originates, including: policies and procedures for continuous quality improvement.
· Ensures compliance with administration of all controlled substance prescription orders in accordance with state and federal guidelines, client policies, and procedures, and Company policies and procedures.
· Reviews medication orders and patient profiles to ensure accurate order transcription and transfer to fulfilling pharmacy, documenting all recommendations and modifications.
· Complies with all applicable federal and state pharmacy regulations according to state in which the medications are being fulfilled and delivered to a patient.
· Maintains currency of professional licensing obligations and continuing education.
· Facilitates Calls with clients to help review, manage, monitor utilization trends, and recommend ways to improve client costs.
· Completes other duties as assigned.
· Understanding of all State and Federal laws pertaining to the practice of pharmacy.
· Ability to work flexible work shifts.
· Excellent written, interpersonal, listening, relationship, and verbal communication skills.
· Effective organization and time management skills.
· Proficient ability to work in a high-paced team environment.
· Basic to Intermediate experience with technology, including: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
Desired Education and Experience:
· PharmD or Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy.
· Active Texas State Board of Pharmacy license in good standing, with no sanctions.
· 3 to 5 years’ experience in retail pharmacy, long-term pharmacy, hospital, or hospice preferred.
· 2 years’ experience with Long Term Care, specifically skilled and assisted living, preferred.