NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a premier integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the United States. Headquartered in Evanston, Ill., NorthShore was the first health system in Illinois to achieve Magnet® recognition—the highest, most prestigious honor that demonstrates excellence in nursing and high standards in patient care—something only achieved by 6% of hospitals nationwide. The system earned Magnet redesignation in 2015. NorthShore is comprised of four hospitals – Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie. The system includes a 950 physician multispecialty group practice with 130 locations across Chicagoland. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential. Position Overview
We currently seek a Staff Nurse for our Operating Room at Skokie Hospital in Skokie, IL. This is a full, time (40 hrs per week) position and is benefits eligible. Hours will be scheduled Day Shift, (7:00am-5:30pm), with rotation into weekends and holidays. Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Provide perioperative nursing care to surgical patient populations and families in the department
- Utilize the nursing process in planning, implementing and evaluating the patient plan of care
- Maintain regulatory compliance in individual practice
- Assume responsibility, accountability and authority for outcomes of nursing care
- Guide and direct assigned unlicensed nursing personnel in delivering patient care
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Current Nursing License in the state of IL required
- BSN degree preferred
- BLS/CPR certification for the Healthcare Provider required
- Operating Room experience preferred
- Ortho/spine expierence perferred
Please explore our website (URL blocked - click to apply
) to better understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission "to preserve and improve human life" through superior clinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
Licensed Practical Nurse