· Assign appropriate ICD–10-CM codes, mapping to risk adjustment models as applicable.
· Assign Change Healthcare Flagged Event codes when documentation in the record is inadequate,
ambiguous, or otherwise unclear for medical coding purposes.
· Remain current on diagnosis coding guidelines and risk adjustment reimbursement reporting
· Check chart assignments every day and accurately report all hours worked on a weekly basis.
· Maintain quality and production standards required by company.
· Report work-related concerns to assigned Coder Advocate and, if not adequately addressed, to Sr.
Manager of Clinical Operations.
· Comply with the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information
Management Association and adhere to official coding guidelines.
· Comply with HIPAA laws and regulations.
· Participate in testing and training as required by the Company.
· Active certified coder certification through AHIMA or AAPC required (CRC, CPC, CCS - P).
CCA, CPC-A are not accepted.
· At least two years of experience as a certified coder is required.
· At least one year of risk adjustment experience is required.
· Extensive knowledge of ICD-10-CM outpatient diagnosis coding guidelines (knowledge and demonstrated
understanding of Risk Adjustment coding and data validation requirements is highly preferred).
· Ability to code using an ICD-10-CM code book (without using an encoder).
· Strong clinical knowledge related to chronic illness diagnosis, treatment and management.
· Reliability and a commitment to meeting tight deadlines.
· Personal discipline to work remotely without direct supervision.
· Exemplary attention to detail and completeness. All medical coders must maintain minimum QA passing
requirements based on HCC scoring model (HCCx < or equal to 5 and HCCm < or equal to 5);
· Computer proficiency (including MS Windows, MS Office, and the Internet).
· Must have high-speed Internet access, a home computer with a current Windows operating system, MS
Internet Explorer (version 6.0.2 or better), and Adobe 6.0 or better.
· Working knowledge of HIPAA requirements, recognizing a commitment to privacy, security and the
confidentiality of all medical chart and patient health information.
Please Click APPLY NOW. All interested parties may also submit a note of interest and your resume to email@example.com.