Contractors State License Schools is hiring! For 30 years now, we have helped contractors get licensed with the State of California, create their own businesses, and SUCCEED. Our adult students will thank YOU for helping them accomplish their goals and reaching their dream of ultimately owning their own business.
We are seeking a Full-time (exempt) Lead Instructor to supervise the education staff at our Southern California schools!
Job responsibilities include:
• Develop and review educational programs as needed.
• Be knowledgeable on various teaching methods and construction related programs.
• Respond to student and staff inquiries about any of our educational programs.
• Stay informed with CSLB license requirements, rules and regulations, changes, and be able to communicate accordingly with upper management.
• Ability to teach adult students about construction related material.
• Coordinate all necessary activities to retain qualified instructors.
• Assist with recruiting efforts for all instructor positions.
• Conduct training with new instructors.
• Effectively interpret tacit knowledge in order to teach students and communicate accordingly with upper management.
• Perform instructor evaluations in a timely manner.
• Be available for one-on-one tutoring sessions with students.
• Complete and submit instructional staff-related forms (timesheets, risk management forms, materials/supplies tracking forms, and other related documents) in a timely manner.
• Keep track of instructor attendance and report to management as needed.
• Attend meetings, seminars, workshops, and training sessions as needed.
• Available to substitute for instructors as needed.
Additional requirements include:
• Travel to our various schools located throughout southern CA.
• A high school diploma
• Possess at least 3-4 years relevant work experience, good oral and written skills for effective communication
• Strong customer service experience, knowledge in MS Word, Excel, Outlook; and attention to detail and type at least 40 wpm.
• Have comprehension on procedures and policies that are associated in their field
• Must have the desire to motivate and manage employees
• Bilingual in Spanish is a plus (preferred, not required).
Compensation: $58,240.00/year + bonus
Benefits: Health benefits, FSA, voluntary benefits, paid life insurance & LTD insurance, 401k match, and company profit sharing.
To learn more about Contractors State License Schools, visit our website at www.contractorexamschools.com
Contractors State License Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This organization participates in E-Verify.
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintain appropriate student/instructor ratios
- Provide feedback on instructor performance
- Monitor instructor performance and customer comments
- Instruct classes in the absence of certified instructors
- Conduct periodic performance reviews with each instructor
- Serve as lead for academic program
- Assist the program/department chair in scheduling instructors to ensure appropriate student/instructor ratios and classroom utilization
- Serve as a coach to instructors related to course flow/teaching/attendance issues
- Greet students and begin class on time
- Engage students in the classroom
- Perform remediation with students in skills area
- Serve as the instructor and student advocate for within the product line department
- Ensuring a world-class classroom experience for students
- Identify students needing tutoring and provide instructors and/or peers for tutoring
- Ensuring that staff follows all facility policies
- Serve as an industry expert and point of contact for instructor and student calls/communication
- Ensure all students feel accepted in the tech field
- Assist with the training and onboarding of new instructors
- Assume lead responsibilities such as record review and training
- Maintain TCF status, required for monitoring all AHA instructors and conducting AHA instructor courses
- Cslb License Knowledge
- Customer Service