To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
5051 Cardinal Street
Trussville, AL 35173
- Lona Painter
- Phone: 205-661-4400
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
The McPherson Companies, Inc. • Trussville, AL
Posted 1 month ago
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
• Work with Dispatch person to assure uninterruptible supply for our customers in a timely and safe manner
• Deliver lubricant products, either in bulk form or package, to customers throughout the greater metro area.
• Load and unload product in and out of truck, in a manner compliant with company policy and state and federal regulations.
• Drive vehicles to and from designated locations.
• Deliver products by following instructions from management and the instructions on the delivery ticket.
• Some warehouse responsibilities include moving materials, stacking product, and assisting with inventory.
• Operate vehicle on and off customer sites in a manner compliant with company policy and procedure and compliant with DOT.
• Perform customer deliveries & other related truck movements as required.
• Maintain electronic log book to state and federal regulations.
• Take sample of products, as required by management.
• Daily monitoring of vehicle’s fluid levels as well as tire pressure to insure good safety and preventative maintenance practices.
• Maintain contact with dispatcher as needed to receive updated delivery instructions.
• Perform roadside assistance as needed, such as changing tires.
• Use safety equipment such as fire extinguisher and spill kit, as necessary.
• Re-packaging products within company guidelines to meet customers needs, as necessary.
• Prepare, complete and submit, in a timely manner, the paperwork required by MOP.
• Engage in proper loading, unloading and flushing procedures.
• Deliver the product in a courteous, professional manner.
• Flush and clean tanker after deliveries as required by company policy.
• Communicate with all Operations Personnel, Dispatchers, Fleet Maintenance Manager and assist them as required.
• Maintain and operate vehicle in compliance with DOT requirements and maintain a clean and safe vehicle.
• Help maintain a clean and safe facility.
• Responsible for the completion of special projects or the assignment of other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
The job description of a Delivery Agent is not inclusive and is subject to changes, additions, and deletions as determined by the supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• CDL license with Tanker endorsements.
• Minimum of 3 years commercial driving experience.
• Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must be at least 21 years old.
• Knowledge of general area in which product will be delivered.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Legible handwriting.
• Ability to read and speak English sufficiently to converse with the general public and to understand traffic signs, to make entries on reports and records.
• Possession of a current Medical Examiner’s certificate.
• Knowledge of procedures to secure cargo in or on a commercial vehicle.
• Exposure to hazardous materials, vapors, fumes, outside environmental conditions, extreme weather conditions.
• Ability to frequently bend, stoop and climb.
• Ability to move full oil drums.
• Have valid Driver’s License and a valid CDL license.
• Ability to lift, push and pull up to 75 lbs.
• Normal warehouse environment.
• Inside and outside duties.