•This is a seasonal/temp role.
Underwrite residential mortgage loan packages for contract underwriting, Mortgage Insurance and future Radian product offerings, communicating the credit decisions effectively both internally and externally. Candidates must be self sufficient, confident and accurate decision makers.
Maintain or exceed required quality and productivity standards while following Radian policies, processes and procedures.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and analyze all credit and collateral documents to provide timely, prudent underwriting decisions to lenders
- Analyze each loan to ensure compliance with Radian and GSE guidelines as applicable
- Achieve goals, service levels and objectives. Support established policies and procedures.
- Extract required information for input into underwriting system of record and generate decision
- Provide exceptional customer service to all internal and external customers. Demonstrated effective communication skills to maintain positive relationships with Radian lenders, employees and departments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate expertise in underwriting proficiently to GSE standards for analyzing all sources of income, assets, credit, appraisals, jumbo and non-conforming variances.
- Self- starting and have the confidence to work in a remote environment making loan decisions.
- Able to work with minimal supervision to complete daily production goals.
- Excellent customer service, written and oral communication skills.
- Work in a paperless, electronic workflow environment.
- Demonstrate proficiency to learn and work in multiple computer systems as needed.
Prior Work Experience and Education:
- 5+ years of mortgage underwriting experience.
- 3 years current customer facing, frontline, full file credit and collateral decision making responsibility.
Radian complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a person with a disability and need assistance in the application process please send an e-mail message to Email blocked - click to apply.