DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Our Clinical Managers, under the direction of their departmental leadership, plan, organize, staff, and direct patient care on a daily operational basis in accordance with the Ohio Nurse Practice Act. These front-line leaders oversee the day-to-day operations of a given shift staff, including: Registered Nurses, Patient Care Support professionals, Scrub Techs, Unit Coordinators, and more.
- Education: BSN Required
- Two or more years of recent clinical experience
- Current OH license
- Labor and Delivery experience
- Position hours: 3 weeks of evening shift (1500-0130) and 1 week of day shift per month .
- Provides daily clinical/operational oversight to their assigned department/unit/shift.
- Participates in interviewing, hiring, orienting, counseling and evaluating of all employees, including staff evaluations and goal setting.
- Participate in 'leader rounding' on patients and staff alongside other clinicians, leaders, and patient experience professionals.
- Create and maintain personnel staffing schedules and equipment and regulatory requirements for a complex Level III Labor and Delivery area.
- Provides direct patient care as needed.
- Takes responsibility for chart audits, regulatory compliance management, clinical follow-ups, and physician/nurse collaboration projects.
- Champions process improvement and performance excellence initiatives. Serves as a change agent to improve productivity, patient flow, and staffing within the unit.
- Collaborates closely with neighboring departments and units to provide exceptional continuity of care and 24-hour accountability.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Ohio.
- Two or more years of recent and relevant clinical experience required.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with clinical colleagues, patients, families, and leaders.
- Demonstrative ability to plan, organize, and manage patient care, including delegation to and supervision of other members of the patient care team
Key Words: BSN, RN Ohio License, Clinical Experience, Labor and Delivery
Registered Nurse Certified