To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Pasadena, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Pathfinders Executive Search • Pasadena, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Salary + Bonus + Full Benefits In-House Non-Profit
PUBLIC RELATIONS SPECIALIST In-House Non-Profit
As a public relations specialist, responsibilities include:
- Write, pitch, distribute compelling news angles that create exposure for mission, brand, leadership, and differentiation (thought, brand, product) locally and nationally
- Identify, develop and maintain strong relationships with key media, influencers and publishing contacts through proactive outreach via phone, email and social media channels.
- Cultivate relationships with editors, reporters, bloggers, podcasters, influencers and other ambassadors in the small business industry
- Researching topics and trends to inform best opportunities to generate media attention
- Secure opportunities with key publications, top tier blogs, magazines or online news sources for staff experts to serve as guest contributors
- Monitor breaking news, industry trends and social web for mentions related to our brand, customers, and industry to inform media strategy
- Collaborate with the SVP, Brand Marketing to evolve the media and influencer strategy
- Build and maintain relations with appropriate members of the government to support government relations efforts
- Utilize social media in public relations strategy, leveraging it as an asset for promotion and reporter outreach
- Use your media knowledge to recommend content for the blog and other outreach channels
- Collaborate with social team on promotion strategy for the social media channels and blog designed to boost reach, engagement and blog subscriptions
- Design distribution strategy beyond social media for all content including lead magnets to
amplify reach and opportunities
- Monitor award opportunities and craft and submit nominations
- Working effectively in a cross-discipline, team environment
- Staying up to date on the latest trends in the industry and technology
- Managing media inquiry responses (including reputation management crises), one-on-one media interviews and media events
- Oversee and enhance the online newsroom
- Create electronic media kits for media distribution
- Create content and direction for government relations page on the website
- Monitor, track and report the performance of media and influencer campaigns and suggest
adjustments to plan as needed.
- Degree in marketing, advertising, communications, journalism or a related discipline preferred
- Minimum of 3-4 years of work experience in public relations
- Demonstrated media and influencer marketing skills in the B2B space preferred
- Established media relationships in financial/small business are a plus
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, and verbal communication skills
- Government relations/Public affairs experience is a plus
- Proactive, positive, flexible and collaborative team player
- Creative problem solver
- Portfolio or links to current and/or past press releases, pitches, prcampaigns
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, project management, and time management skills
- Passionate about our mission