We are looking to add a Workers Comp and Leave Specialist to our growing team of professionals.
This position would coordinate the support for all leave of absence cases and workers' compensation claims. Effectively coordinates all cases/claims to include general administration, comprehensive case management and program compliance with all state and Federal Leave laws. Must have exemplary customer service skills and provide assistance to employees and the organization.
1. Serves as the subject matter expert for the leave and workers' compensation programs in alignment and under the general direction and guidance of HR leadership and the Legal Department.
2. Interprets and administers leave programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws (FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, etc.). Ensures that the workers' compensation program is managed in accordance with applicable OSHA and workers' compensation laws.
3. Administers all aspects of leave and workers' compensation programs. Provides extensive case management and coordinates administrative aspects of the cases and claims. Conducts/coordinates investigations into all reported workers' compensation claims.
4. Independently approves and/or denies leave cases based on relevant medical information. Coordinates and organizes all medical information and ensures that HIPAA and Employee Privacy guidelines are closely monitored and effectively executed. Ensures that all reportable workers' compensation claims are submitted to the company's vendor appropriately.
5. Manages all administrative aspects of leave and workers' compensation claims to include tracking hours used/taken and working closely with Payroll and Benefits to ensure accurate and timely management of compensation and benefits.
6. Works closely with employees to ensure that all relevant completed medical documentation is submitted for timely review. Maintains appropriate contact with all employees on leave and coordinates all aspects of return to work for employees on leave.
7. Produces and manages reporting metrics and analytics for all leave cases and workers' compensation claims. Presents reports as requested.
8. Partners closely with HR Directors on all leave cases and workers' compensation claims. Meets regularly to review claims' status and develop strategies for resolution.
9. Ensures that STD claims are coordinated with FMLA or general medical cases.
10. Assists in the creation and facilitation of leave administration and workers' compensation training programs.
11. Performs all other duties as assigned or required.
1. An associate's degree in business administration, human resources or related field preferred
2. Minimum of two (2) years of experience in Human Resources
3. Minimum of two (2) years of experience in managing leave cases (FMLA, STD) and workers' compensation claims
4. Ability to analyze information and convert related activities into a comprehensive work plan
5. Ability to communicate and make recommendations to upper management
6. Ability to identify basic problems and procedural irregularities, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
7. Ability to multi-task and drive multiple projects
8. Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
9. Demonstrated ability to deal with confidential information
10. Demonstrated problem solving, time management and priority setting skills
Complex Problem Solving
Family And Medical Leave Act Of 1993
Uniformed Services Employment And Reemployment Rights Act