To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Highland, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Senior Auditor, Gaming Commission
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians • Highland, CA
Posted 2 months ago
Experience - 5 years
Degree - High School
Other Great Industries
Reporting to the Audit Supervisor, the Senior Auditor is responsible for performing or leading a team in the planning and execution of financial, operational, and compliance audits, as well as special projects. The Senior Auditor regularly interacts with mid- to senior- level management in the areas of Accounting and Finance, Operations, and Gaming Commission to discuss and resolve issues or recommend improved business practices. The Senior Auditor trains and reviews the work of lower-level auditors to ensure the execution of audits are adequately addressing risk and are meeting acceptable auditing standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads the planning and performance of financial, operational, and compliance audits and reviews relevant records for compliance with regulatory requirements, financial accounting and auditing standards, and company policies and procedures.
- Develops risk-based audits and identifies areas of concern or weakened internal controls within the gaming operation.
- Performs Title 31/Bank Secrecy Act audits including applying various data analytics to identify unusual activity.
- Executes proactive fraud based reviews (e.g.; vendor analytics) by application of data analytic techniques to identify unusual trends.
- Reviews business processes and assesses the design and effectiveness of controls.
- Reviews and coordinates the work for compliance, information technology, financial and operational audits.
- Completes interviews and observations with key personnel throughout the organization and auditing process.
- Researches and reviews the function to be audited; utilizes business knowledge, analytical skills and work experience to identify control risks.
- Evaluates and resolves highly sensitive and complex issues.
- Contributes to overall continuous improvement initiatives by providing advisory and consulting services to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and utilization of company assets.
- Prepares accurate, logical and detailed workpapers clearly describing the scope of work performed, test results and conclusions.
- Writes and reviews clear and concise audit reports for distribution to department management, senior gaming management, the Gaming Commissioners and the Business Committee.
- Examines and reviews workpapers completed by other auditors to ensure compliance with regulations and auditing standards.
- Provides feedback and guidance to auditors on all work executed and confirms that all department goals are being achieved.
- Coordinates and schedules projects with management staff and auditors.
- Exhibits strong teamwork and communication skills at all levels of the organization and consistently displays appropriate judgment.
- Monitors and enforces predetermined deadlines between auditors and management staff.
- Conducts follow-ups on audit findings.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
The Senior Auditor may also be responsible for the functional supervision of staff on audit projects as directed by audit management. Additionally, the position is responsible for ensuring clear communication and coordination with other Senior Auditors (including IT) in the execution of the audit plan.
- College degree in business or accounting related field required; will consider six additional years of work experience as a substitute for degree.
- Five-year minimum work experience and/or training in Audit, Accounting, Fraud, Risk, Compliance, or other professional investigative or risk-based experience required.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook required.
- Advanced proficiency in Internet Research mandatory.
- Advanced knowledge of the audit process including, but not limited to; interviews, observations, documentation review, workpapers and reporting.
- Extensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO), Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB), the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, and Code of Ethics promulgated by the Institute of Internal Auditors required.
- Professional certification such as Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) highly desired.
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations of the Tribal Gaming Industry preferred.
- Knowledge of Title 31 Banking Secrecy Act Regulations.
- Related experience in regulating, auditing or accounting in the Casino industry preferred.
- Employee must have experience demonstrating the utmost discretion and confidentiality as they will have access to private information such as Social Security Numbers, credit cards, personal data or financial data from colleagues, personnel or customers.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier.
- Must complete and pass the Internal Training Program.
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.