To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1900 West University Drive
Tempe, AZ 85281
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Technical Support Representative
Merchant Link • Tempe, AZ
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Merchant Link is a leading provider of cloud-based payment gateway and data security solutions, removing the risk and hassle of payments for more than 500,000 hotel, restaurant, and retail locations. Founded in 1993 and headquartered in Silver Spring, Md., we currently enable more than 6 billion transactions annually for some of the world's best-known merchants, providing connectivity to the major U.S. payment card processors.
Our mission is to develop secure payment solutions that are flexible, customized and evolving to meet merchants’ changing needs and allow them to focus on their core business without worrying about managing cardholder data.
Provide 24x7 call center support for software, hardware and network issues on a variety of advanced ($20K-$60K+), multi-workstation, integrated point-of-sale (IPOS) systems. Most calls originate from merchants in the hospitality industry that use MICROS and Opera IPOS systems and involve credit card and gift card authorization and settlement. Diagnose and resolve communication errors and authorization and settlement issues with major processors (including TSYS, Chase Paymentech Solutions [CPS], Global Payments and First Data Merchant Services [FDMS]).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Configure and troubleshoot proprietary products such as credit card drivers, gift card drivers and data communications on systems platforms (including Windows and LINUX/UNIX).
- Accurately diagnose and resolve over 70% of incoming calls.
- Act as liaison and advocate on behalf of customers with third-party vendors to ensure that their problems are resolved to their complete satisfaction.
- Work an assigned shift within a 24x7x365 operating environment.
- Assist clients and dealers with installations during weekends and after hours.
- Assist Merchant Link Installation Technicians on installation issues as an escalation point.
- Associate's degree in Computer Information Technology (preferred) and/or a minimum of two years of related technical support or customer service experience.
- Experience with Windows XP operating system (or newer) and/or Linux OS is required.
- One year of credit card or banking industry experience is preferred.
A+ Certification, MCP Certification (Windows NT Server and Workstation, TCP/IP, Networking Essentials) and/or MSCE preferred.
Skills or Special Abilities
- Working understanding of computer software systems and various communication protocols.
- TCP/IP, DHCP, NTP, etc.
- Must understand technical fundamentals of computer systems and/or credit card processing and have the ability to communicate technical instructions and resolution procedures and in a clear and concise manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Familiarity with the credit card processing authorization and settlement process as well as major credit card processor auth/settlement file specifications (incl. Vital, PTI, Global, NPC, FDMS) and interchange qualification requirements is a plus.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position functions in a normal office environment.