Companion is a leading Southern California and Arizona based healthcare organization, providing Hospice, Home Health, & Palliative Care Services.
With a focus on patient care, we are consistently ranked a premium provider by patients and their families. Our mission is to provide our patients with comfort, compassion, and extraordinary care.
For more information, please visit www.CompanionHomeHealth.com
Companion Hospice has immediate opening for an Admissions Counselor in our Downey office.
This position is responsible for growing the hospice program by increasing awareness of the services through sign-on's and marketing activities related to selling the services and expertise of Companion Hospice to the medical community and to patients and family members, who have been referred. Provides community education programs and in-service training, or other appropriate classes. It is also important to identify key referral sources as to their potential and develop marketing plans to increase referral response from each and participates in larger marketing projects.
- a wonderful working environment
- competitive salary
- life insurance
- Possess current RN license in the state of California and at least 1 year professional experience in a hospice or home health environment.
- Knowledge of hospice requirements including Medicare, Medi-Cal, and private insurance guidelines.
- Good communication and marketing skills.
- Ability to assess and respond to the needs of physicians, discharge planners, patients, and family members.
- Ability to make meaningful observations and write comprehensive accurate reports.
Nursing Home Care