To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
205 Wakelee Avenue
Ansonia, CT 06401
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
VOCA Case Manager
Catholic Charities • Ansonia, CT
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Catholic Charities is seeking a part time VOCA Case Manager at our Ansonia and Milford Family Centers
Part time - 19 hours per week
This is an outreach/community services position. This person may work under the regular supervision of a higher classification. As the person gains work experience within the Agency, he/she will assume a selected caseload through which an increasing knowledge of Agency policies and procedures may be acquired. Duties may change depending on program needs.
The individual is expected to embrace the co-occurring treatment philosophy which integrates a strength based, child/family centered, trauma informed, culturally competent, and recovery oriented philosophy. The staff will carry a selected range of cases through which an increasing knowledge of best practice principles and methods, and knowledge of community resources is demonstrated.
GENERAL DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interprets agency services to clients and community.
- May conduct pre-screenings/tend to needs of walk-in clients
- Provides outreach services to local delivery areas as assigned.
- May conduct presentations in the community to promote the program and recruit clients.
- Successfully engage clients in services as demonstrated by client completion rates, maintained or increased client functioning and client satisfaction rates.
- May formulate mutually agreed-on and measurable service plan goals and objectives.
- Perform 100% of assigned productivity expectation.
- Record case activity within required timeframes according to agency procedures and requirements
- Enter timely data into state and agency requirements.
- Assist in case management services appropriate to the personal and cultural identity and language of the client
- Provide guidance, direction, advocacy, and support to victims of crime.
- Work collaboratively with the Office of Victims Services. This may include applying for compensation, providing data/information, and attending meetings.
- Attend court proceedings, meetings, appointments with clients as scheduled.
- Understand and follow agency policies and procedures. Participate in ongoing supervision, consultation, staff meetings, and appropriate training for agency and contract requirements.
- May provide psycho-education to clients.
- Collaborate with clinical staff to assist in the service plan/treatment plan of clients.
- Agree to travel as needed within the guidelines of agency policy & procedure.
- Carries volume of work within range established by Agency and contractual obligations.
- Urine specimen collections for clients (if required by contract)
- Accept and carry out other related duties upon request
- Associates/Bachelor Degree, preferably in a human service field with knowledge of Community Resources.
- Excellent oral and written communication and computer skills. The candidate must have the ability to use computer programs including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to engage families from diverse social and ethnic backgrounds
- Strong organizational skills to handle varied duties and responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to be creative, innovative and resourceful
- Bi-lingual/Cross-cultural experience is preferred.
In addition to the above qualifications, specialized knowledge and experience not necessarily related to formal education or training (e.g. knowledge and understanding of another language, a sub-culture) which equips him/her to provide services to a particular segment of the Agency's clientele may be required.
Catholic Charities offers access to a comprehensive array of benefits, including:
For Retirement: 403(b) Plan, with employer matching contributions for eligible employees
For Career Advancement: Training and development opportunities
For Work Life Balance: Connecticut State sick time.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Free and confidential counseling
Catholic Charities Inc., Archdiocese of Hartford is in compliance with all applicable discrimination laws. All hiring, promoting, and transferring is done on a non-discriminatory basis without regard to membership in any protected class. EEO/ AA/ M-F/ VET/ DISABLED.