Cherokee Federal – a division of Cherokee Nation Businesses – is a team of tribally owned federal contracting companies focused on building solutions, solving complex challenges, and serving the nation’s mission around the globe for more than 60 federal clients. With our heritage of ingenuity coupled with modern business practices, we serve as a trusted partner that can innovate and implement solutions. Our team of companies manages nearly 1,000 projects of all sizes across the construction, consulting, engineering and manufacturing, health, and technology portfolios. Cherokee Federal’s team of small disadvantaged business entities, many of which are 8(a) and/or HUBZone certified, offer attractive contract vehicles with unique advantages – resulting in a streamlined, responsive contract management process.
The Construction Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying and generating new construction business opportunities from the federal government with a focus on 8a and direct award designations. Tribal/ANC/HNO 8a Experience with GSA, Architect of Capitol, Treasury, Dept. of Labor, WHS, and similar DC Metro area agencies preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrated knowledge and success with federal 8a contracting
- Experience working with Small Business contracting personnel, base staff, or agency management staff responsible for construction-related projects.
- Existing network of federal contracting and Small Business contacts
- Experience using the Shipley capture/business development process for sole source 8a award work
- Use of enterprise sales contact system (e.g., Salesforce) to track and document contacts, customer follow-up activities, opportunity stage development, outcome, debriefs, etc.
- Provide weekly reporting on activities, follow-on actions, and opportunity progress
- Involvement with local professional organizations for networking with new/existing clients, teaming partners, architects/engineers, subcontractors.
- Awareness and understanding of competitor activity/competitive position
- Work with supervisor to develop a sales plan (goals, business plan, strategies, budget, etc.) for key federal clients in the DC Metro area
- Research and produce new construction opportunities with corresponding capture strategies that generate new and profitable 8a-related business for the sector.
- Promote overall Cherokee Nation brand awareness
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- No direct supervisory/management authority
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Construction Management or related field
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of related experience in business development with federal clients
- Must have working experience and knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in Business/Sales, construction, and fields related to the services being provided by the company
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Understanding and experience in Small Business contracting. Experience with tribal/ANC/NHO organizations considered a plus
- Existing network of federal contracting officer and key agency contacts
- Participation in industry professional organizations focused on construction and federal contracting
- Demonstrated ability to drive business sales and profit growth
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams, across multiple functions and disciplines
- Ability to multi-task and handle large workloads under time constraints
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written
- Results-oriented with strong process and the ability to execute directives
- Intermediate to advanced skills with GovWin and other federal agency lead generating software systems
- Ability to cultivate a network of business contacts and convert these relationships into leads and contract wins
- Understand design-build delivery model and knowledge of construction projects
- Occasional travel as the position requires and as needed
- Must successfully pass a drug screen and a federal background check as a condition of employment
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office environment but will be required to gain access to and visit federal facilities/installations
- Overnight travel will be required at times
About Cherokee Federal
Cherokee Federal – a division of Cherokee Nation Businesses – is a team of tribally owned federal contracting companies focused on building solutions, solving complex challenges, and serving the nation’s mission around the globe for more than 60 federal clients. Our team of companies manages nearly 1,000 projects of all sizes across the construction, consulting, engineering and manufacturing, health, and technology portfolios.
Since 2012, the Cherokee Federal team of companies has won more than $5 billion in government contracts. Our 3,000+ employees work in 26 countries, 50 states and 2 U.S. territories.
Why choose Cherokee Federal? Visit our website and learn about the great reasons to join our team. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Construction Business Development Manager, Washington DC - JO# 5674
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Construction Business Development Manager, Washington DC - JO# 5674 | EEO Poster; https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdf
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Construction Business Development Manager, Washington DC - JO# 5674 for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision; https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2021 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at “[ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Construction Business Development Manager, Washington DC - JO# 5674” This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job application