This position has the responsibility and accountability for driving the high performance of the functional support areas of materials procurement, inventory management, warehousing, and inbound / outbound transportation to ensure the success of the whole plant in delivering outstanding, yet efficient and cost effective, service. The Supply Chain Manager will direct and implement on overall Supply Chain strategy to support new programs, production programs, targeted cost reductions, supplier deliveries, supplier quality initiatives, and other operations objectives.
The Supply Chain manger ensures clear and concise communications between programs, operations, engineers and suppliers. The Manager will provide expertise and guidance on technical specification definition, performance parameters including milestone schedule criteria and contract deliverables. The Manager serves as the focal point and primary interface to the program team relative to performance of subcontractor’s efforts and will lead efforts to establish contracts with key suppliers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for material procurement, warehousing & distribution of raw materials, goods-in-process and finished goods.
- Accountable for end to end service delivery for the plant site – including responsibility for ensuring effective and proactive customer service and integration with external and internal customers / stakeholders.
- In collaboration with site divisional leadership, defines & implements Productivity measurements to drive sustainable performance and diagnose opportunities for improvement.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures to drive continuous improvement, improving efficiencies, service and driving cost reduction.
- Ensures timely and accurate inbound / outbound logistics for plant materials and finished goods.
- Leads their team in building a culture of respect, teamwork, collaboration and accountability throughout the manufacturing operation and with the other divisional departments.
· Manages the Supply Chain function concurrent with business growth, introduction of new systems, meeting financial objectives and on time delivery.
· Manages the entire subcontract life cycle from proposal, to development and then oversight
· Develops RFP/RFQ packages
· Manages staff and supervisors to ensure timely distribution of merchandise within the standards of policies, procedures and quality to satisfy company and customer requirements.
· Leads the negotiation strategy and proposal responses to meet program requirements.
· Review, comment and approve subcontract deliverables
· Manages all phases of the negotiation for supplier subcontracts
Single point of contact for managing the technical content and compliance of the subcontract ensuring utilization of “design to cost” and manufacturability
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or technical discipline from four-year college or university or 15 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years of experience in the Aerospace industry
- 10+ years of experience in subcontract negotiation, development and management
- Experience in Lean Six Sigma manufacturing, Green Belt preferred.
- 35% travel