R & W Group’s large law firm client in Washington, DC is seeking an organized and diligent Litigation Paralegal. The firm represents clients in commercial litigation and agency proceedings involving intellectual property, trade secrets, labor/employment and other complex matters. This detail-oriented individual would be responsible for general litigation case management, including document production and review, trial preparation and database creation and administration.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a firm understanding of practice area protocols, anticipate needs, exercise independent judgment and have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Candidates should have experience in the following:
- Coordination and management of case documents, including organization, substantive review for relevance and responsiveness, and identification of privileged and confidential information; as well as preparation of documents for production including redacting and bates labeling
- Management of document databases and coordination of electronic discovery
- Preparation of court filings in state and federal courts, including cite and fact checking legal briefs, confirming proper Bluebook citation, conforming filings to local rules and judge's standing orders, proofreading, and assembling of exhibits and appendices
- Assistance with depositions, including preparation of witness files, exhibits, notices, subpoenas and summaries
- Assistance with factual or legal research and drafting of memorandum regarding the same
- Trial preparation and logistics, including management of scheduling, coordination with court clerks, preparation of witness files, page/line deposition summaries, management of exhibits, assisting with setting up trial space
Excellent salary and benefits! Please send a resume online via www.r-wgroup.com!
At least four years of experience. Excellent writing and communication skills and ability to work in a team environment required. Must have excellent understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel. Candidates with significant trial experience and experience handling electronic discovery preferred. Must be flexible to work overtime when needed and travel, as needed. Candidates must have a Bachelor's Degree, or instead an Associate's degree plus a paralegal certificate from an ABA approved program.
Conduct Legal Research
Provide Legal Advice