Order Type :
SUMMARY: Our World class technology-driven firm’s engineering department currently has an immediate opening for a Design Engineer.
The Design Engineer will be responsible for updating drawings and as requested creating and validating 3D models with the associated drawings, in AutoDesk Inventor – 2012 and PTC Creo 2.0, 3.0 or 4.0. They should be able to prepare documents and reports when required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Update drawings to marked-up prints.
• Generate three-dimensional models of engine parts/assemblies using computer software AutoDesk Inventor – 2012 and PTC Creo 2.0, 3.0 or 4.0.
• Generate associative detail drawings from 3D models in accordance with latest ANSI and CMI standards with GD&T where necessary.
• Ability to check 3D models/drawings and report their findings.
• Assist with the development, design and functionally of the product.
• Ensures components and assemblies adhere to applicable industry and business standards.
• Communicates with TPDL in developing the product design.
• Works with TPDL to identify problems and develop solutions with product design.
• Provide support to Manufacturing Departments as requested.
• Works under general supervision.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• AutoDesk inventor – 2012: - 3 years minimum related experience.
• PTC Creo 2.0, 3.0 or 4.0: - 3 years minimum related experience.
• Three years minimum experience in the design of complex parts (castings and forgings).
• Three years minimum experience with GD&T.
• Ability to communicate well with all levels of personnel, and work in a team environment.
• Ability to plan, schedule, coordinate and problem solve effectively.
• Ability to work on their own initiative when necessary.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering documents, technical manuals, standards and operating instructions.
• Ability to write routine reports and requests that are project related.
• BONUS – Understanding of German language (spoken and written)
• NECESSARY – Autodesk Inventor – 2012, PTC Creo 2.0, 3.0 or 4.0, Windows XP.
• BONUS – Macola.
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
• Ability to traverse the shop floor if required.
Sirius Technical Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law
Please send resumes to Email blocked - click to apply
Computer Aided Design
Computer Aided Manufacturing