Restaurant General Manager (GM) is responsible for the overall success of the restaurant.
The GM must be energetic, committed, and a goal-oriented professional. The GM will oversee all facets of operation for one Arby’s restaurant, including customer satisfaction, operations, sales, profits and staff development. As GM, you will be accountable for the attainment of agreed-upon goals and profits working within the framework of the corporate philosophy, policies and objectives.
· Estimate food consumption, place orders with suppliers.
· Resolve customer complaints about food quality or service.
· Direct cleaning of kitchen and dining areas to maintain sanitation standards, and keep appropriate records.
· Monitor actions of staff and customers to ensure that health and safety standards and liquor regulations are obeyed.
· May use computer software to monitor inventory, track staff schedules and perform other record keeping tasks.
· Check quality of deliveries of fresh food and baked goods.
· Arrange for maintenance and repair of equipment and other services.
· Total receipts and balance against sales, deposit receipts, and lock facility at end of day.
· Recruit, hire, and oversee training for crew.
· Prepare or oversee preparation of weekly/daily scheduled work hours.
· Monitor food preparation and methods.
· Identify and estimate quantities of foods, beverages, and supplies to be ordered.
· Maintain relationships with customers and staff.
· Update and use job-related knowledge.
· Schedule staff work hours and activities.
· Evaluate health and safety practices against standards.
· Organize, plan and prioritize.
· Make decisions and solve problems concerning menus and staff.
· Judge the quality of food, preparation and job applicants.
· Process and analyze information when scheduling and budgeting.
· Record information about inventory and health practices.
· Handle food, utensils and bookkeeping materials.
· Monitor food preparation and cleaning methods.
· Get information from customers, employees and inventory records.
· Inspect equipment and food deliveries.
· Monitor and oversee purchases, menus, staff and payroll.
· Guide, direct and train staff.
· Coordinate the work and activities of staff.
· Perform administrative activities such as scheduling, budgeting and payroll.
· Communicate with customers, sales reps and suppliers.
Details of Physical Activities:
· Standing: 100%
· Walking: 100%
· Bending, reaching, stooping
· Lifting: 30-50 lbs.- Distances vary
· Proven work experience as a Restaurant Manager, Restaurant General Manager, or similar role
· Proven customer service experience as a manager.
· Extensive food and beverage knowledge, with ability to remember and recall ingredients and menu items to inform customers and staff
· Can maneuver around different computer software programs.
· Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
· Acute financial management skills
· High School Diploma / GED required
Customer Relationship Management
Provide Actionable Feedback