At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
Technology Strategy lays out how technology supports the business, but is also about how technology can create new opportunities and add value. The Director, Technology Business Operations plays an important part in supporting the Technology vision and strategy at DDC. Working closely with the Technology Leadership Team, this Director understands the synergy between technology and the business and is responsible for synthesizing our strategic roadmaps and communicating our technology story effectively to different audiences including our Board of Directors, Senior Leadership Team, Executive Forum, Business Partners and Technology staff.How you will make an impact:
What we look for:
- As the head of the TBO group, the Director leads a staff who manages special projects in support of the Chief Information Officer and their leadership teams.
- Responsible for technology areas such as Communications, Employee Morale, Vendor Management, Policies & Procedures and dash-boarding, this team identifies needs within the technology organization and develops solutions to meet the needs.
- Another function headed by this Director is the Business Analyst Community of Practice.
- Overseeing big team of analysts, the Director is responsible for developing a framework of best practices in business analysis and requirements gathering.
- Building out the COP requires the standardization of requirements and processes, not only within the Technology organization, but across the enterprise.
- Continued development for enhancing the business analyst skillset within the organization and building subject matter expertise is the long-term expectation, with constant governance to ensure consistent usage of the framework.
Benefits and perks:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent education, training or experience is required.
- 12+ years of IT experience with minimum 5+ years of development management experience.
- Experience managing team of 20 Analysts or more.
- Experience managing near-shore and offshore resources.
- Experience taking numerous enterprise projects through the entire project development life cycle.
- Superior people management and leadership skills.
- Willing to accept and influence a high pace of organizational change.
- Able to work on all phases of application development without instruction or guidance.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Able to develop and deliver presentations in a professional business environment.
- Able to interact with all levels of personnel in a professional manner.
- Ability to mentor and guide development managers and developers.
At Delta Dental we:Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 11 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.Foster professional development:
Our employees take ownership of developing self and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.Value customers and cultivate positive experiences:
Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
Follow us URL blocked - click to apply
, URL blocked - click to apply
, URL blocked - click to apply ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. As an employee you’ll take part in our mission to become the trusted health partner by collaborating with our communities and employees to reimagine and deliver new possibilities in an ever-changing environment. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation. We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country. Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.