To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
601 Union Street
Seattle, WA 98101
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Kidder Mathews • Seattle, WA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Kidder Mathews currently manages a commercial property portfolio of in excess of 50 million square feet, with asset value in excess of $7 billion. The firm also provides brokerage, development, building engineering, project and construction management, consulting, capital markets, and sustainability services from 21 offices throughout the West Coast.
Founded in Seattle in 1969, Kidder Mathews has built a reputation of absolute integrity, high-level commercial real estate expertise and incredible client service.
With offices in Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona and Nevada, Kidder Mathews is an expanding, dynamic, vibrant and entrepreneurial firm and has been consistently recognized as a “best place to work” in multiple markets. <
Our Brokerage Division is Kidder Mathews largest division. This position supports our Brokerage team by providing administrative, marketing and facilities support. Our compensation is competitive with a full suite of benefits offered. In addition, we offer a fun work environment where getting to know one another and off-site and in-office gatherings are the norm.
Job Summary: (Overall purpose and objective of the job)
The Administrative Assistant works as part of a team that supports the firm's brokerage, property management and appraisal divisions with reception and administrative needs. Administrative Assistants are the first impression of the company so should set a professional tone at the front desk reception area both on the phone and in person.
Essential Functions: (The reason this job exists is to perform these functions. These functions are performed regularly, seriously impacts other jobs, and there are a limited number of employees to whom performance of the function can be distributed).
• Work well and maintain good relationships with coworkers in a close-knit team environment to support a fast-paced, high profile sales force
• Route calls and greet visitors providing excellent customer service
• Keep an accurate "in/out" log of who’s in or out of the office
• Receive and distribute faxes, mail and deliveries; prepare outgoing mail including overnight and courier packages
• Maintain a clean and professional front desk area, keeping equipment and supplies neat and orderly
• Enter information daily into various property and client databases used by the office
• Each morning, ensure that common areas (kitchen, break rooms, conference rooms and lobby) are clean, orderly and well stocked for the day. Throughout the day, maintain all common areas so they are neat and professional
• At the end of the day, clean up and put away supplies and dishes in common areas
• Keep all kitchen equipment including refrigerator and microwave clean
• Operate and troubleshoot office equipment like fax machine, postage meter, etc.
• May maintain inventory of office and break room supplies and pre-printed stationery products
• Approve invoices as assigned by Office Manager ensuring billing and allocation is accurate (i.e.; overnight mail, courier, office supplies, box lunches, coffee service, etc.)
• Maintain cash accounts as assigned by Office Manager (i.e., petty cash and parking validation); reconcile the accounts each month
• Perform research, special projects, record keeping and other miscellaneous duties as needed for the office
• As time permits, while continuing to fulfill all of the above services, he or she acts as backup by offering assistance to the rest of the support team
Other Functions: (Incidental to the purpose or the job. These functions are performed infrequently, and have little consequences to other jobs if not performed).
• Perform other duties or projects as requested
Supervisory Responsibilities: (scope of the person’s authority, including a list of jobs that report to this job).
This positions has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: (The work environment described here are representative of those that the employee must be in in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
This is a standard office environment with standard office noise like talking, office equipment, etc.
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is often active and may require standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The employee must sometimes lift and/or move items up to 10 pounds. The employee must frequently sit and use a computer for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities are required to do this job including close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Essential Qualification: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the competencies (minimum knowledge, skill, and ability) required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
Education/Certification: High School Degree or equivalent required
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Required Knowledge: Strong computer skills (Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel)
Experience Required: 1+ year related experience: experience operating a multi-line phone system
Skill and Ability: Ability to work with minimal supervision and lead by example
Ability to speak, write and understand English
Ability to multi-task and utilize resources to execute tasks within a deadline oriented environment
Highly accurate, attentive and detail oriented
Professional communication, etiquette and presentation
Customer-service oriented with the ability to build relationships with employees, brokers, management, vendors and clients
Able to function in a team environment with demonstrated ability in problem solving
Professional telephone etiquette with excellent oral and written communication skills
Ability to type a minimum of 65 wpm
Ability to prioritize and organize work load in order to meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines
Professional level of confidentiality in handling employee and Broker information
Demonstrated high level of initiative and strong trouble shooting skills
Kidder Mathews will accommodate candidates with disabilities to complete this application. Please contact email@example.com if you need an accommodation.