Management Recruiters International Inc. (MRINetwork) is the world’s largest executive search and recruitment organization with a global network of offices and recruiting professionals. Founded in 1966 and consisting of five offices across New England, The Boston Group is one of MRI’s oldest, largest, and most highly acclaimed members.
Our client is a Community Bank in New Hampshire. Established in 1890 they have been helping people in eastern New Hampshire reach their financial goals the old-fashioned way, with a personal touch. They work hard for their customers and the communities around them.
The Finance Officer and Treasurer is responsible for ensuring accurate and efficient daily accounting, finance and treasury functions. Through effective leadership of the accounting, finance & treasury functions, this role oversees timely and accurate processing of all Bank account records.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides leadership to the finance, accounting and treasury functions; includes hiring, mentoring, performance management to include annual reviews, drives adherence to regulatory requirements and Bank goals
- Recommend changes in operational workflow and procedures as appropriate to improve efficiencies
- Review financial statements, posting journals, accounts payable, investment accounting and fixed asset registers for accuracy and integrity
Develop effective internal controls and processes; ensure they are successfully implemented and adhered to
- Prepare monthly financial statements and board narrative in support of the CFO. Coordinate the management of the Bank’s cash to ensure adequate liquidity. Monitor account balances and transfer funds as necessary to meet Bank needs, according to established procedures and standards. Prepare and maintain associated reports and documentation
- Assist internal and external customers with accounting and finance related questions and problems; assure issues are addressed or escalated as necessary
- Serve as the primary contact for the annual bank financial audit; provide all required documentation to audit staff in a timely manner. Provide reports, information and complete questionnaires in support the OCC regulatory examination process
- Update deferred tax assets and liabilities quarterly
- Serve as primary contact to tax accountant and provide relevant financial information necessary for preparation of all state and federal tax filings
- Keep up to date with relevant accounting, regulatory and tax law changes; evaluate and communicate the potential effect of those changes to senior management in a timely manner
- Provide quarterly documentation to the bank’s ALCO service provider to support preparation and maintenance of all quarterly ALCO and Liquidity 360 reporting. Maintain Liquidity 360 model
- Serve as primary administrator for all financial processing systems to include general ledger, fixed asset, accounts payable and investment modules. Maintain and update system parameters, report configurations and user authorizations to support operational workflow
- Prepare quarterly regulatory call report
- Actively support the development of the annual budget. Input and maintain budget data and corresponding reports for senior management and the board of directors
- Maintains knowledge of and ensures compliance with Federal and State banking regulations.
- Performs additional duties as requested
- BA/BS in finance and accounting and/or equivalent professional work experience of five to seven years is required.
- Previous management experience required
- Strong knowledge of finance and accounting systems is required.
- Excellent customer service, communication, supervisory and organizational skills.
- Ability to navigate through complex financial situations to maximize results.
- Strong organizational skills needed to handle the coordination of multiple projects.
- Visual and manual dexterity to operate general office equipment.
- Experience with public reporting companies – specifically SEC and SOX compliant organizations
- Working knowledge of bank financial statements and bank financial regulatory reporting is preferred.
Due to a large volume of applicants, ONLY CANDIDATES WITH THESE SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS please respond by sending your resume to: URL blocked - click to apply