You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
We are seeking a Production Manager who will be responsible for overseeing teams of employees and motivating them to complete their job duties effectively. Additionally, you will provide training to new employees and provide Team Members with daily objectives, communicate with the Area Manager and Upper Management to determine current status of jobs, direct work appropriately, and deploy best methods for meeting business goals. Hours for this position are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Review backlog and daily shipment needs with Area Manager
- Provide leadership and guidance as associates work on their daily tasks
- Set-up jobs, transport materials within the shop, and ensure all components of a job are present and complete prior to delivering the job to a specified location
- Locate incomplete orders and determine what’s needed to drive them to the next operation
- Understand and execute project tasks with some explanation and minimal supervision
- Assign several jobs to a work center to prevent idle time at the work center
- Be prepared for short notice changes in project direction as business needs change
- Generate improvement ideas based on increasing safety, quality, up-time and productivity
- Train on production equipment to understand methods and occasionally fill in when needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- College degree in a manufacturing field is needed
- Must be able to perform physical tasks involving hand cutting tools such as box cutters, X-Acto knives, and power tools
- The ability to accurately use a tape measure, ruler, weights, area, and volume
- Must be proficient with MS Office
- Must have the ability to speak and listen effectively to employees individually and in groups
- Must be able to stand and work for the full shift, and be comfortable walking, lifting, bending, reaching, and climbing
- Must have the ability to lift up to 40 pounds and use carts and pallet jacks
- Must have strong problem-solving and sharp analytic skills, with the ability to pay a high attention to detail,
- Must have effective math and communication skills
- Must be able to read, understand, and comprehend signs, instructions, and directions
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered. This company offers annual reviews, raises, and benefits upon permanent hire.
- Production Management
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 05 - 168571 kd
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.