DTE Energy is currently seeking Principal Quality Specialists in their Detroit, MI location.
DTE Energy is a Detroit-based diversified energy company involved in the development and management of energy-related businesses and services in the United States and Canada.
In this role you will be planning, monitoring and managing of Quality Assurance and Quality Control within the organization (which may include cross- functional project teams).
So, if you are looking for a new opportunity with career progression with an outstanding compensation package, and have experience in Natural Gas, Pipeline, or Oil and Gas Safety or Manufacturing with knowledge of ISO 9000, we want to speak to you!
Relocation assistance is available!
As a Principal Quality Specialist you will:
- Be responsible for establishing and maintaining quality standards of existing products and services, as well as developing programs to focus employees, contractors and vendors on quality improvement.
- Develops sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements.
- Mentor, provide guidance and direction to less experienced staff. Develops implements and manages Quality Assurance / Quality Control goals, measures, targets and budgets.
- Communicate clearly to the Staff on performance of the organization.
- Assess the organization through audits, inspections, examinations, surveillances and review of corrective action documents.
- Review DTE, contractor and vendor quality plans, FME plans and risk management plans to ensure adherence to standards, monitor those plans to ensure compliance.
- Provide immediate feedback to organization leaders on matters concerning quality.
- Provide routine updates to the business unit leadership, and staff, on matters concerning quality.
- Develop Quality Metrics for the organization and coordinates trending of Quality Assurance activities.
- Represent the company effectively in daily contacts with regulators, internal / external customers, contractors and vendors.
- Develop policies, procedures and methods to check service, product, material, components and/or operational quality, and improve same.
- Research best business practices within and outside the business unit/organization to establish or refine benchmark data.
- Collect and analyze process data to initiate, develop and recommend business practices and procedures that focus on increased productivity, reduced cost, or enhancements in service or business unit outputs.
- Determine how new information technologies could support Quality Assurance.
- Perform analytical work with regard to quality and business improvement initiatives.
- Work with business unit personnel in documenting business needs and supporting business cases on large-scale initiatives.
- Develop and conducts presentations to a wide spectrum of audiences (including senior-level business unit or Corporate management) pertaining to project, quality, business process improvement or customer satisfaction issues.
- Perform Quality Audits and surveillances to ensure compliance with standards.
- Demonstrate use of fundamental Human Performance tools.
- Bachelor's degree and four years of project management or quality management experience, or completion of an Associate's degree plus six years project management or quality management experience, or High School Graduate plus ten years project management or quality management experience.
- Experience with Audits, Gap Analysis, Creating manuals.
- Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others and has good listening skills, consistent with the ability to present results of projects & research to senior & executive-level Corporate management.
- Proficiency in business unit relevant software applications, such as Maximo, SAP, Microsoft Office sufficient to apply/support them with minimal instruction or guidance
- Analytical & problem solving skills consistent with the ability to identify key issues from a broad range of alternatives, and recommend optimal solutions for various situations.
- Ability to conduct effective & efficient meetings; manages meetings with optimal results.
- Flexibility & the ability to work with shifting priorities; embrace new/evolving responsibilities.
- Balance multiple demands in a positive and even-handed fashion; displays a calm demeanor under pressure.
- Well-developed organization and planning skills (typically acquired through at least four years of experience).
- Promote an atmosphere conducive to the open exchange of new ideas, and alternatives to orthodox approaches.
- Deal effectively with resistance; takes positive steps to avoid the recurrence of errors through constructive critique.
- Possession of valid Driver's license
- Black Belt or Green Belt or Yellow Belt.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 Quality Standards.
- Experience in obtaining ASME Code and NBIC Stamps as well as experience in the Joint Review process.
- Lead Auditor Certifications per ANSI N45.2.23 and NQA1 for Nuclear as well as ISO 9001 for suppliers and ISO17025 for calibration and laboratory services.
- Experience in performing supplier/vendor audits, surveillance's, and vendor surveys.
- Experience in operations, maintenance, engineering or plant support.
Process Improvements (Business)
Business Process Improvement