Position Overview: The Account Manager is primarily responsible for building and managing the relationships between MIL and a specifically assigned set of customers.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
· Establish and maintain effective communication channels as the primary point of contact between the customer and MIL.
· Provide timely and informed customer support across a range of inquiries including order status, expediting, processing capabilities, turnaround and pricing.
· Take ownership of a customer’s needs from project inception to completion and ensure all necessary resources are utilized in anticipating and exceeding the customer’s expectations.
· Utilize a comprehensive understanding of MIL’s capabilities to assess & communicate customer needs and assist in selecting the best options suited for their project requirements.
· Provide collaborative and pro-active consulting and troubleshooting to gain resolve and solidify MIL’s reputation as an industry expert.
· Ensure a high level of internal accountability & consistency in adhering to customer specific quality, processing, communication and turnaround requirements.
· Support QA with non-conformance reports, corrective and preventative action, root-cause analysis and other problem solving activities.
· Utilize feedback, industry awareness and processing knowledge to achieve continuous improvement and growth opportunities.
· Assist in training and mentoring new hires and more junior level personnel.
· Provide on-going support across logistics, customer service, data planning and contract review functions.
· Contribute towards various non-routine responsibilities, projects and company initiatives.
· Take part in applicable on-going training sessions and continuous process improvement programs and participate in periodic testing and performance evaluations.
· Participate in the Account Management “Knowledge Share” initiative to enhance collective comprehension and growth.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Must develop and maintain a comprehensive technical understanding of MIL’s processing capabilities and quality system as well as general procedures and applicable industry standard specifications.
· Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starting individual with excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships.
· Ability to resolve cross-functional issues with professionalism and diplomacy.
· Ability to prioritize and efficiently complete tasks with consistency and accuracy, often under pressure and/or short deadlines.
· Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings.
· Must be PC literate with a thorough understanding of Microsoft Office applications and MIL’s custom production software.
· Maintain a heightened level of awareness regarding current affairs, trends and innovations within the industries and programs MIL and it’s customers serve.
Reports To: Account Managers report to the Customer Service Manager, regularly collaborate with the Account Management team and interface across all levels of the organization.
Hours: 7am – 5pm, must be flexible to work overtime and additional hours as needed.
Compensation: $50,000 - $60,000+, dependent on qualifications. Opportunities for advancement. Please specify salary range when applying on Career Site.
As a permanent, full-time MIL employee, benefits include:
o Annual performance and compensation review, with eligibility for up to 2 annual bonuses
o MIL Inc. 401(k) plan with employer matching and profit sharing
o Premium health insurance as well as supplemental vision and dental insurance plans
o Company paid and supplemental life insurance and AD&D
o Company paid holidays and personal paid time-off accrual
o Please do not hesitate to ask for additional details on any of our benefits & policies
Minimum Job Requirements:
· Must have proven experience working in a role with a strong emphasis on quality, throughput, accountability and effective communication.
· College degree strongly preferred, must have a high school diploma and some relevant college course work completed at a minimum.
· Must maintain a professional appearance and uphold a positive company image.
Complex Problem Solving
Product Quality Assurance