CSS is a private not-for-profit social/human services agency that initiates, provides and promotes services for people with intellectual/developmental disabilities and their families, within their communities, in order to strengthen their independence, self-esteem and ability to participate in and contribute to community life.
We are seeking a dedicated individual to join our team as a Director of Residential Services. Under the general direction of the Vice President of Clinical Programs & Quality Assurance, the Director of Residential Services oversees all Supported Living Services, including eight 24 Hour CILA homes, At-home Day Program and is responsible for program expansion/initiation. The Director insures that all program services are high quality and in alignment with the agency mission.
1. As a member of the Management Team, assists in providing general direction, supervision and coordination of agency activities.
2. Provides input into the development of agency policies approved by the Board and administrative procedures approved by the President/CEO. Implements approved policies and procedures. Interprets, executes, and enforces policies adopted by the Board under the direction of the President and CEO.
3. Provides input into the development of program policies approved by the Board and program procedures approved by the President/CEO. Implements approved policies and procedures.
4. Obtains and incorporates input from program staff for the strategic planning process. Chairs staff committees and Task Forces as required. Assists in the development and implementation of the plan to meet agency’s annual program goals and objectives.
5. Assists the Vice President of Programs & Quality Assurance to ensure that the agency is accountable to its funders, licensing and accrediting bodies, and meets all legal obligations.
6. Initiates and maintains good working relationships with other local agencies and sources of services, funding sources, public officials, local civic organizations, and the community-at-large.
7. Works collaboratively with the Vice President of Development and Marketing, in its efforts to raise funds, to develop proposals, and to communicate the agency's mission by providing information, making presentations and supporting fund raising events.
8. Assists the Vice President of Programs & Quality Assurance to communicate with public officials and the community at large to increase their awareness of the strengths and needs of persons with developmental disabilities, and advocates on their behalf for the creation of a full array of community-based services.
- Minimum of five years in positions requiring progressively increasing management experience in the administration of programs serving individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Must meet the requirements for a "Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional (QIDP) contained in the Illinois Administrative Code, Title 59: Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities, Part 115, Standards and Licensure Requirements for Community Integrated Living Arrangements, Section 115.120, which are, in part, ‘a human service professional with a bachelor's degree in a human services field, including but not limited to sociology, special education, rehabilitation counseling, and psychology.’”
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record, vehicle insurance and ability to use personal vehicle required.