This position is relied upon for technical expertise to support day-to-day operations, process optimization, process safety improvements, troubleshooting, projects and evaluations. This position will report to the technical organization.
It is required that the individual have demonstrated experience in:
Refinery utilities technology, tankage and pipeline operations, or experience in other unit process technologies.
- Provide local process engineering expertise for Utility Gas Fired Boilers, Plant Air Systems, Sour Water Treating, and other units as assigned.
- Support requires answering technical inquiries, making technical recommendations, providing process troubleshooting, and developing process procedures.
- Conduct test runs to optimize process variables and evaluate plant performance.
- Participate in unit optimization to work on short and long-term process improvement opportunities.
- Develop procedures and support for commissioning of new facilities.
- Facilitate agreements on operating philosophies and control strategies on plant units.
- Carry out various studies to improve plant safety (PHA, LOPA), reliability, and economics.
- Help identify gaps between current performance and best-in-class and recommend and facilitate opportunities for improvement.
- Make use of process simulators (i.e. PROII) to rate, size and evaluate the performance of Refinery processes.
- Provide engineering support for capital project development and construction.
- Develop design basis and front-end engineering for minor capital projects. Examples include: conceptual project development, technology selection, and detailed engineering.
- Provide recommendations to Operations for optimization and safe and reliable operation.
- Provide technical recommendations and engineering support during planned unit turnarounds.
- Support Plant PE with engineering support for day to day operations.
- Work with the Process Technology Business Improvement Network (BIN) for assigned technologies in order to facilitate conducting Best Practice Audits, training, routine process monitoring (PMO) reviews, and development and roll-out of BIN and Process Engineering Center of Focus (PECoF) initiatives.