We are looking for a Director of Operations who will work directly with our CEO
• Ensuring that Company has a high quality, stable yet flexible manufacturing capability to support rapid growth and geographic expansion.
• The Director will be responsible for overseeing all third-party co-packing operations and identifying and negotiating with additional co-packers.
• The Director will oversee to varying degrees, procurement, inbound logistics, production planning, packaging, quality control, processing, warehousing and outbound logistics and manage all technical activities associated with new product and packaging development and introduction.
• The Director will be responsible for maintaining the Company’s ERP and ensuring inevntory and BOM accuracy.
• The Director shall report to the CEO, and will interface with sales, marketing and finance to ensure strategies meet demand and take a hands-on approach to executing the strategy and addressing real-time problems and opportunities.
• Inventory forecasting models, based on sales projections, distribution metrics and historical revenue
• Manage DEAR Systems and integration with QBO accounting software
• Manage fulfillment and warehouse network, expanding and streamlining the network as necessary
• Manage procurement
• Manage line extension launches, forecasting production needs and maintaining procurement
• Manage COGS / BOM and forecast goals for cost reduction through volume and procurement purchases
• Manage co-packer and supplier relationships, growing and expanding as necessary
• Establish best practices for supply chain management, procurement and production scheduling
• Integrate ecommerce, distributor and direct sales channels through EDI and other connections
• Create Dashboards and information systems to help manage inventory and COGS
• Bachelor degree required. Graduate training desirable.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Data and detail oriented to a fault
• Strong communication skills: able to liaise with confidence and influence co-packers, wholesaler executives, Brokers, Finance Team, and Executive Team.
• Strong budget management skills.
• Experience at a food and beverage startup.
• Hands-on production line or oversight experience.
• Experience managing multiple co-packers.
• Production planning experience.
• A track record of success and results.