To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Santa Rosa, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Cost Accounting Supervisor
FPC of Sarasota • Santa Rosa, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Our client, a prominent wine producer, is seeking a Cost Accounting leader to join their growing Cost Accounting team.
This individual will be responsible for all aspects of cost accounting for multiple large and small volume wine brands. This includes managing the Cost Accountant and Staff Accountant, maintaining a positive team culture with a continuous process improvement mentality. The Cost Accounting Supervisor ensures that the team delivers reporting, business processes improvements, COGS & manufacturing variance budgeting and forecasting, with control and accuracy.
Define the budget assumptions, variance forecasting and reporting, and the COGS models and processes. COGS include, grapes, bulk wine, dry supplies and finished goods across all wineries and production sites. Foster a culture of business partnering by encouraging and enabling the team to partner with winemaking, operations and IT. This position will be responsible for the activities outlined; however, additional tasks may be assigned as the company’s priorities change.
• Manage the daily priorities of the Cost Accountant and Staff accountant; Ensure team resources and time are used efficiently and effectively with a focus on team execution of deliverables in line with deadlines
• Own the monthly report to the CFO and senior finance management detailing COGS and manufacturing variance drivers
• Utilizing the team, conceive, build and complete COGS budget and forecast modelling, reporting and analysis
• Ensure that secure and reliable SKU COGS are maintained through a secure and reliable cost roll process
• Be the costing subject matter expert for grapes, bulk wine dry supplies and finished goods; Respond to costing requests from stakeholders within the organization
• Ensure that the monthly accounting work order close is being executed in a timely efficient and reliable manner by the team with all work orders fully every month end
• Support the team in building models that summarize, analyze and report on work order variances with a focus on uncovering root causes of variances and minimize/eliminate variances that delay work order closing
• Review and approve all monthly journal entries relating to production close outs, custom bottling and manufacturing variances
• Prepare financial reports required by external auditors and the internal tax team
• Own projects to continuously improve all cost accounting processes, ensure maximum efficiency and accuracy while effectively business partnering with winemaking, operations and IT
• 5+ years of cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
• 3+ years of supervisor experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or the equivalent in education/experience
• Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices
• Expert in cost accounting and standard costing methods and principles
• Advanced Excel skills
• Strong knowledge of ERP system inventory and cost modules (JDE a bonus, and ERP implementation a bonus)
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Flexible and able to readily adapt to changing demands and processes
• Strong experience implementing process changes
• Ability to work independently and as a member of cross functional teams
• Wine industry experience is a plus