Our client, an expanding manufacturing and machining facility in western NY, is searching for a highly qualified Manufacturing Supervisor to join their ever-growing team.
- The Manufacturing Supervisor will report to the Operations Manager and will be responsible for motivating, leading, and coordinating manufacturing employees to safely produce quality heat-transfer products.
- The Manufacturing Supervisor will supervise between 75-100 manufacturing employees and will have relationships internally with Executives, Managers, Manufacturing department, Shipping department, Engineering department, Quality department, Purchasing department, Accounting department, Administrative Staff and externally with Clients, Vendors, Government Representatives, Prospective Employees and the Public
· Responsible for providing supervision to and evaluation of all Manufacturing staff.
· Plan, assign, and supervise work of Manufacturing teams to ensure the timeliness and quality of production.
· Conduct performance appraisals.
· Identify and resolve employee relation issues.
· Read and interpret blueprints, engineering specifications, and shop orders to determine machine set-up and production methods.
· Ensure that safety and quality policies and procedures are followed.
· Knowledge, understanding, compliance, and enforcement of all applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations relating to job duties.
· Knowledge, understanding, and compliance with Customer and Company standards, policies, and procedures.
· Develop, train, and motivate Manufacturing teams.
· Accountable for all decisions, actions, and directives with respect to job responsibilities.
· Provide feedback to direct reports and other team members concerning possible issues or areas for improvement.
· Responsible for progressive discipline with regards to attendance, performance, and all aspects of company policy up to and including termination.
· Responsible for respective department's overall performance and for motivating team to exceed department goals and objectives.
· Secondarily, the Manufacturing Supervisor will provide feedback to management concerning possible problems or areas of improvement as well as performance of team, make recommendations to implement improved processes, and perform other duties as assigned by management.
· High school or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or equivalent in relevant work experience preferred. Associates Degree preferred.
· 8 years related experience and training required. 10 years of related experience and training preferred.
· Ability to read and interpret documents, including safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Proficient in accurate use of micrometers, calipers, and other measuring tools and proficient in blueprint reading and interpretation.
· Prior experience in a Supervisory role within the manufacturing environment.
· Excellent team building skills.
· Strong mathematical skills required.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions, to prioritize and work in a multi-tasked environment.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Proficient personal computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
· Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
· Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills.
· Ability to work in a team fostered environment.
· Manufacturing environment.
· Ability to lift and/or move 10 - 50 pounds with or without accommodation.
· Ability to stand for long lengths of time with or without accommodation.
· Ability to verbally give and receive instructions with or without accommodation.
· Use of hands to finger, handle, and feel with or without accommodation required.
· Vision abilities required include close vision and ability to adjust focus with or without accommodation. A vision test is required.
· Regular exposure to moving mechanical parts.
· Noise level in the work environment is moderate.
· Salary for this direct hire position will be commensurate with experience and will include a competitive benefits package, paid holidays and vacation, room for growth, etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
· Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary expectations to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Manufacturing Supervisor for immediate consideration.
· Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Manufacturing Supervisor | [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Manufacturing Supervisor
Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)