To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Indirect Tax Compliance Supervisor
GM Financial • US-Nationwide
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
GM Financial’ s North American division, based at our corporate headquarters in Fort Worth, TX, is experiencing tremendous growth, and to support this growth we are hiring an Indirect Tax Compliance Supervisor to join our team!
About this Role:
The Indirect Tax Compliance Supervisor is responsible for researching issues, monitoring legislative updates and keeping their direct supervisor aware of any changes or issues that impact US and/or Canada indirect taxes reporting compliance. In addition, this role is responsible for timely response of internal and external inquiries related to sales, use and motor vehicle tax rates and tax base. The position will have a thorough understanding of and manage the sales, uses and motor vehicle tax filing process.
- Prepare, cause to be prepared and/or review indirect tax returns to ensure timely filing and payment for various GM Financial entities
- Communicate sales/use/motor vehicle legislative updates relating to indirect tax compliance
- Review taxability charts related to leasing of motor vehicles
- Respond to sales/use/motor vehicle tax questions from taxing jurisdiction and respond in a timely manner to resolve issues
- Review samples of sales/use/motor vehicle tax leases to ensure proper tax compliance
- Supervise the work of others in the indirect tax group
- Reconcile Tax Accounts
- Knowledge of GAAP reporting for FAS 5
- Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Strong knowledge of Canadian Vat Tax a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access
- Certified Public Accountant or comparable foreign designation preferred
- Vertex L, M or O series
- Knowledge of Leasing portfolios systems (Leasemaster or Infolease)
- Proficient with Oracle
- Ability to analyze current processes and suggest improvements or efficiencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in ?Accounting or related field highly preferred
Additional Preferred Experience:
- 7-10 years sales tax experience preferably in a Corporate Tax Department, Big 4 experience preferred
- CPA certification preferred
- Auto leasing industry experience preferred