To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Overland Park, KS
- Jim Neil
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Technical Support Engineer / Network Engineer
J.M. Neil & Assoc., Inc. • Overland Park, KS
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
J.M. Neil is seeking a Network Engineer to work with the best teams available in advanced technologies. This Individual will be responsible for support of core network operational issues that have exhausted the resources of the Network Operations control center and other peer groups. The Data Mobility Core Engineer is expected to have advanced-level expertise on LTE/3G core network elements including the design, configuration, and ability to troubleshoot call entry and call flow.
The Successful Network Engineer will be responsible for diverse network platforms/topologies within a network management center or organization.
Would be responsible for NTAC support of Mobility Management Entities, Cisco Packet Gateways, Security Gateways, Home Enodb Gateway¿s, 3G Core Gateway¿s within an OEM area of responsibly. IE: (ALU, STA, ERC)
Technical Support Engineer would be responsible for also supporting Virtualized platforms (vMME,vSAEGW, vEPDG) within the Network Function Virtualization infrastructure.
Required to write and perform MOPs for standard periodic maintenance activities and maintain MOP templates for these activities. Perform technical peer review of all Core MOPs scheduled to be performed by other groups on elements within their domain of expertise, including those written and/or performed by Technical Support Engineers or Core Design Engineers.
Required to understand the work being performed on Core elements and to participate in the technical review portion of the change management process.
Required to participate in an on-call rotation and may be involved in operational issues outside normal business hours or established on-call periods.
- Expected to have a mid to senior level background. Solid understanding of Layer 1-7 of OSI model.
- Flexible person with the ability to manage stressful situations and adapt to rapidly changing environments and requirements
- Experience with Cisco Star OS/Cisco ASR5000 series
- Min 3-5 year¿s industry experience including recent practical experience providing engineering level technical support in a hands-on production environment
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical thinker with the ability to 'think outside the box' to resolve customer impacting situations
- Ability to work day, evening, and weekends as required
- Certifications: CCNA
Bachelor degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
J.M. Neil is an EOE, M/F/D/V