A fulltime opening currently exists for the above position at the Corporate Office in Bossier City, Louisiana. This position plans, designs, and provides structural engineering calculations on projects involving metal roof and wall systems. The position reports to the Manager of Engineering.
· Calculates cost and determines feasibility of projects based on analysis of collected data, applying knowledge and techniques of engineering, and advanced mathematics.
· Prepares reports, specifications and plans for projects.
· Prepares, conducts, and evaluates physical testing of metal building components and analyzes and interprets test data and prepares technical reports for use by engineering and management personnel.
· Designs and fabricates testing and test-control apparatus and equipment.
· Determines conditions under which test are to be conducted and sequences and phases of test operations.
· BS in Civil Engineering.
· Ability to communicate with other engineers, architects, or co-workers.
· Must have passed the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam and be certified as an Engineer Intern (EI) by date of employment.