1. Supports the implementation of a designated bilingual, multicultural curriculum and supervises children in collaboration with Teacher.
2. Assists Teacher in the completion of observations needed for Fall, Winter and Spring assessment periods and in the completion of the Education Plan three times per school year.
3. Assists in the completion and implementation of weekly lesson plans.
4. Assists Teacher in the completion of two (2) parent conferences and two (2) educational home visits during the program year.
5. Assists Teacher in the documentation of health information and the completion of developmental and social/emotional screenings within 45 days of a child’s enrollment.
6. Effectively serves children with disability and their families, making adaptations as necessary.
7. Complies with all Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) guidelines and assists with daily, weekly and end of the month food service paperwork.
8. Mandatory reporter for any suspected abuse/neglect issues as required by law.
9. Implements approved emergency plan; conducts and documents monthly fire drills as required.
10. Maintains a clean classroom/working environment.
11. As program needs dictate, may be called upon to fill in as a substitute in another classroom or at another site to ensure uninterrupted service delivery to children and families.
12. Promote ongoing commitment to excellence and continual quality improvement to ensure the highest quality of services to our staff and clients.
OTHER JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES:
1. Works alternative hours as required, including nights and weekends.
2. Prepares, and attends all meetings, trainings, and conferences as assigned.
3. Maintains self and functional work environment.
4. Performs other tasks as may be required for the efficient comprehensive, integrated program.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Must demonstrate positive and caring attitude, initiative and good judgment, and be flexible with program changes.
2. Familiarity with Head Start standards, requirements, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures.
3. Must be able to read and write legibly in English and demonstrate comprehension of basic math.
4. Second language (Spanish, Arabic or other program-identified language) proficiency preferred.
5. Must be sensitive to cultural differences within the community, the program, and the agency.
6. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Outlook) applications.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
1. Must be able to work with pre-school age children.
2. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with moderate interruptions.
3. May need to work in a non-air-conditioned facility and may be in contact with communicable diseases.
4. Must be able to stoop, bend, squat, assist children to the bathroom, sit on floor and ambulate over uneven floor surfaces including stairs, steps and playgrounds.
5. Must be able to visually and auditorily assess and interact with clients to ensure their safety and well-being.
6. Requires driving and may lift up to 40 pounds.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent and a current and valid Child Development Associate (CDA) credential.
2. A minimum of nine (9) months volunteer or paid experience in an early education or pre-school program is required.
Credentials, Licenses, and Certifications
1. Meets Arizona Department of Health Services (AZDHS) requirements for licensure
2. Possesses or acquires, and maintains, Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance
3. Provides approved documentation of a negative result for a tuberculin (TB) skin test or chest x-ray
4. Meets federal Head Start employment requirements including physical examination at hire (and every three years thereafter)
5. Possesses or completes verified training in First Aid and CPR (within ninety (90) days of hire) and remains current in the certification
6. Possesses or acquires, and maintains, valid Maricopa County Environmental Services Food Service Worker Certificate
7. Possesses and maintains valid Arizona driver license (An individual must be 21 years of age or older to drive on behalf of Catholic Charities Community Services Westside Head Start)
8. Reliable personal transportation and ability to show proof of current/valid vehicle registration and insurance
We Value Diversity!