To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
6901 Farrel Road
Fort Rucker, AL 36362
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Biomechanical Research Engineer II
Katmai Government Services • Fort Rucker, AL
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Provide research engineering support for research, analysis, and investigations in supporting design, preparation, execution, and analysis of studies and experimentation; selecting, installing, and maintaining instrumentation; performing laboratory procedures, field studies, testing, and research activities; and other scientific and administrative tasks in fields such as aerospace, electrical, mechanical, or biomedical engineering, biomechanics, or other related field with minimal supervision.
- Provide services related to the Injury Biomechanics RDT&E efforts, including the development of draft analysis plans and protocol documentation from literature and data reviews along with the collection and preparation of data for analysis and synthesis according to policy and procedures of the USAARL. All aspects of RDT&E are included, such as Human Subject Research, Research Not Involving Human Subjects (RNIHS), cadaveric studies, and Test and Evaluations.
- Provide biomechanical engineering services during preparation for injury biomechanics research studies, including collaborative work with industrial, military, and academic customers and partners, design work for fabrication of biomechanical test equipment/devices, troubleshooting instrumentation and other equipment necessary for research purposes, and selection and justification of materials/supplies/equipment necessary for successful injury biomechanics research.
- Provide reliable, timely, and quality biomechanical engineering services (as described above) in a team environment to meet customer, project, and/or program timelines through the testing and/or research life cycle.
- In collaboration with study PI and under the direction of Team Chief, and Group Leadership, manage and develop methodology, projects, personnel, and resources. Develops testing procedures and data collection necessary to execute project goals.
- Actively conduct (theoretically and hands-on) PMHS research, volunteer research, quality assurance, data analysis, BSL-2 good laboratory practice, and publication of project findings.
- Execute biomechanical and/or biomedical protocols and analyze data.
- Acquire, analyze, and evaluate data gathered during research and assuring accurate and complete documentation of protocol execution within timelines of research plans.
- Preparing for submission protocol interim and final reports, presentations, papers, and other documentation on research progress and findings.
- Follow instructions and guidelines and recommend updates as appropriate, to perform the functions of the job, including but not limited to relevant standard operating procedures, national standards of research technical accuracy, and/or other written guidelines provided.
- Record all laboratory procedures, research project data, data analyses, conclusions, and results in government-authorized notebooks and electronic systems in accordance with applicable regulations and procedures.
- Support with developing, or providing recommendations to improve, laboratory safety and biosafety requirements, in coordination with Group Leadership, Investigators, or other relevant staff.
- Assist with writing research work plans, proposals, data collection procedures, and agreements.
- Work with industry and customers on biomechanical/biomedical products and solutions.
- Perform other data-related and research equipment/facilities support functions, including physical packing, moving, shipping, inventory, relocation, and re-organization, as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering related field such as electrical, biomedical, mechanical, biomechanics, physics, etc.
- Must have a minimum 4 years of experience in biomedical engineering or clinical.
- Experience in laboratory procedures, testing and research activities.
- Demonstrated experience within at least 4 of the following research tool groupings: impact and/or shock devices, biomedical imaging and imaging analysis tools (including CT, MRI, and x-rays), high speed imaging and analysis tools, biomedical instrumentation (load cells, accelerometers, etc.), data acquisition equipment, biomechanical research and testing with demonstrated injury biomechanics research; PMHS (post mortem human specimen) research and data, and/or with ATDs (Anthropomorphic Test Devices).
- Exposure to Post Mortem Human Subjects (PMHS) research and Biosafety Laboratory Level 2 policies and procedures.
- Must be able to read, understand and execute techniques and procedures within the quality standards and timelines prescribed by the research plan.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and initiatives succesfully.
- Strong written communication skills and a solid understanding of Government contracting and the professional services industry.
- Advance computer skills with advanced knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Proven ability to exercise mature judgment – specifically in recognizing and respecting the confidential nature of corporate and personnel matters.
- Work independently with a certain degree of creativity and latitude expected and with minimal direction to address analytic, scientific, and operational questions, solve analytic and technical problems, and execution analytic, scientific, and administrative solutions.
To be considered for this position, all applicants must apply on the company website, http://www.katmaicorp.com/careers.