To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Oak Brook, IL 60523
- Kate Dunn
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Creative Financial Staffing • Oak Brook, IL
Posted 1 month ago
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a multi-billion dollar manufacturing company is seeking a Plant Controller for one of their largest plants. This company looks to promote from, so this role will offer career progression. In addition the Headquarters are located in the Chicago area, so moving up the ladder will not require relocation. This critical role will oversee all operational finances of this plant and drive strategic business decisions.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PLANT CONTROLLER:
- Oversee all operational accounting (including GL activity, month end close, payroll, inventory control, capex, etc)
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports to summarize and forecast business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations for the plant.
- Maintain internal controls and assure all policies are in compliance with SOX, GAAP and Corporate Policy.
- Provides financial support on SAP implementation at the plant level.
- Maintains inventory controls and cycle count processes
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and year-end close process
- Direct preparation of company budget
- Direct determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets
- Advise management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax code revisions
- Act as liaison with internal and external auditors
- Oversee product costing
- Build and report on KPIs to ensure plant is running efficiently
- Liaison with the rest o the financial organization to support other corporate functions
- Manage team of direct reports to ensure department goals are met
We are seeking strong accounting leaders with heavy manufacturing experience for this Plant Controller role. You must have sound judgment and strong reasoning skills, as well as good analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work effectively and objectively with a diverse group of people.
- BS in Finance or Accounting
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience
- 4+ years of experience working in a manufacturing environment, 2+yrs cost accounting experience
- CPA or MBA preferred
- SAP preferred
- Six Sigma Green or Black belt preferred
Keywords: plant controller, controllership, operations controller, comptroller, CFO, accounting manager, accounting, finance, management, CPA