To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Adel, IA 50003
- Eric Klouse
- Phone: 515-993-4511
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
MGM Healthcare • Adel, IA
Posted 18 days ago
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) position is to work under immediate supervisor and support providers in provision of patient care, patient procedures, and patient documentation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide personal care to residents in a manner conductive to their safety and comfort consistent with the Adel Acres Clinical Policies and Procedures as well as state/federal guidelines and regulations.
- Initiate and lead individualized care plans.
- Promote and support the greatest possible degree of independence for residents.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all residents. This includes pediatric, geriatric, and general patient population.
- Demonstrate the ability to revise care plan as indicated by the residents response to treatment and evaluate overall plan daily for effectiveness.
- Advise supervising staff of resident’s status at beginning and end of shifts.
- Demonstrates an ability to assist physicians with procedures and performs services requiring technical and manual skills under the direction of an RN.
- Contribute knowledge of residents’ conditions and document observations as required.
- Promote a safe and clean hazard-free environment for residents, family members, and staff members.
- Assure equipment is clean and functional. Report any malfunctions to supervisor.
- Ability to function as a team leader and role model.
- Abide by the Adel Acres Clinical policies and procedures for Abuse Prevention.
- Accurately and promptly implement physician orders.
- Order prescriptions and administer medications.
- Demonstrate knowledge of medication and their correct administration based on age and clinical condition of resident.
- Ability to react decisively and quickly in emergency situations.
- Perform other task and duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current state license
- Basic Computer Skills
- 1 year of Experience in Long Term Care
- Ability to communicate in English via phone, in writing, and verbally in conversation with different levels of staff, patient families, and any outside customers.
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands or fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must routinely lift and/or move at least 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Ability to utilize a computer, phone, etc. for extended periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes, or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For inquiries please contact:
1919 Greene Street
Adel, IA 50003
MGM Healthcare provides equal employment opportunities. We are committed to complying with all state, federal, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, programs, reductions in workforce, termination, and recall. Our facility strives to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals who are properly qualified and able to perform the duties of their employment, without regard to employees’ legally-protected characteristics (“protected class") including: age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex stereotyping, or genetic information.