To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2400 South Wolf Road
Westchester, IL 60154
- Lauren Parker
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Assistant
Tandem • Westchester, IL
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Tandem HR is a Professional Employer Organization (PEO) or HR outsourcing company providing custom HR solutions to businesses of all sizes since 1998. Our vision is to be the first-choice trusted advisor for organizations looking to build an exceptional workplace.
Our mission is to provide customized and high-touch human resource solutions to organizations, enabling their growth and creating phenomenal company cultures. We pride ourselves on our expert service teams and we’re growing. We’re looking for talented individuals who live our values and support our vision and mission to join our team.
These are our values: True client partner * Accountability is key * Nonstop exceptional service * Dedicated to success * Expert level of consultation * Maintain high integrity
The HR Assistant performs a variety of technical and administrative duties in our Human Capital Management (HCM) - PrismHR - relating to personnel functions and programs including the areas of employment recruitment, workers compensation, benefits administration, classification and compensation, employee relations, and liability claims. The position also provides information and assistance to worksite employees regarding human resources activities, processes, policies, and procedures; prepares various correspondence and memoranda; coordinates activities related to area of assignment; and performs a variety of tasks requiring specialized knowledge related to area of assignment.
- Respond to incoming calls, emails and website chats as it relates to:
- Vacation/PTO balances
- Benefits card ID requests
- Change withholdings
- Administer COBRA packets
- Verification of employment requests
- Reset passwords
- Assist with planning new hire orientations
- Oversee incoming new hire paperwork flow (manual and electronic onboarding) and ensure new hire checklist is completed
- Print and bind employee handbooks and HR Assessments
- Track and maintain UE database and prepare monthly metrics report for client service teams
- Prepare protest responses for consultant review
- Oversee quarterly benefits statement administration
- Prepare Unemployment Wage Verification Audit responses under direction of HR Consultant
- Assist with annual EEO-1 audit requirements by regularly conduct audits to track down missing or invalid information
- Responsible for assembling and distributing new hire packets
- Assist with preparation of performance review forms, tracking and analytics
- Concurring review of:
- Employee Handbooks
- HR Assessments
- Job Descriptions
- Assist with customized MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Pro documents
- Assist with various research projects and/or special projects
- Conduct background checks and drug screenings; forward results to appropriate Consultant
- Assist with FMLA paperwork administration and tracking
- Print and bind employee handbooks and HR Assessments
- Assist HR Consultant/s with customized HR Forms using MS Office Suite and Adobe Professional
- Maintain employee and client files, documents and records
- Use Salary Assessor to prepare salary assessments for various clients
- Assist with garnishment administration and tracking
- Process employment verifications from authorized persons and organizations, such as credit bureaus and finance companies
- Assist Consultants with employment poster compliance process for all PEO/ASO clients
- Regularly prepare and analyze turnover reports for consulting team
- Assist with annual total compensation reports: Report preparation, data entry, Word/Excel merge, printing, distribution and analysis
- Research various HR topics for HR Consultant/s
- Maintain data in ClientSpace CRM
- Assist with I-9 documentation
- Run reports from HCM and compile information into readable documentation
- Paid time off maintenance and adjustments in HCM
- Assist with job code data entry in HCM
- Assist with FLSA audits and tests for exemption updates in HCM
- Prepare and analyze HCM reports
Education and Experience
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferred in Human Resources or related field)
- Minimum 2-4 years of Human Resources experience as an HR Assistant, HR Coordinator or similar role; or successful internal demonstration of required qualifications and competencies.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with a sense of urgency.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications.
- Strong skills in HRIS, HCM and/or payroll software like Ceridian, PrismHR, or other similar type of system.
- Bilingual in Spanish desired, but not required.
This job description does not list all the duties and functions of the job. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned. This job description may be revised from time to time and does not constitute a contract for employment.