Responsible for the direct care of those we serve and supervision of staff, in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the state in which employed as well as ministry policies and procedures. Functions as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs delegated resident care tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Contributes to continuity of care and effective communication by documenting and reporting care provided and changes in the resident’s condition to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
- Anticipates, recognizes, reports and responds to changes in resident/patient condition.
- Implements interventions based upon the physician's medical plan and standards of care including medication and treatments with knowledge of therapeutic intent.
- Assists residents and families with care planning, education and referrals.
- Follows regulatory and ministry standards, policies, procedures and precautions in the performance of all job duties to ensure a safe work environment.
- Responsible for resident safety, identifying safety hazards and emergency situations and initiates corrective action as appropriate.
- Assumes responsibility for compliance with federal, state and local regulations within the assigned neighborhood.
- Provides support with Activities of Daily Living as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Interprets existing policies and procedures to certified nursing assistants, certified medication aides, residents, and families.
- Supervises staff, evaluates the provision of direct resident care, and initiates corrective action as necessary.
- Follows staffing guidelines and make nursing assignments according to qualifications of staff and characteristics of the resident population.
- Participates in the employee evaluation process by providing information on the clinical performance of certified nurse assistants and certified medication aides to the DON or DCS.
- Monitors staff compliance with infection control, personal protection equipment, blood borne pathogens, hazardous material handling and fire safety.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Completion of an accredited LPN program.
- A minimum of one year experience as a LPN preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Possesses working knowledge of State and Federal regulations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid license as a practical or vocational nurse in the state in which employed required.
- CPR Certification preferred for AL; required for LTC upon hire, or obtain within thirty (30) days of employment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must possess strong collaborative, interpersonal, organizational, multi-tasking, verbal and written communication skills, and a desire to create a high-performance, effective team that can produce consistent, demonstrated results.
- Must demonstrate on an ongoing basis the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with co-workers and ministry leadership.
- Competencies needed for this position include strong interpersonal relationship skills, detail oriented, work in collaboration with others, demonstrate a high degree of integrity and personal commitment, possess strong analytical skills, be able to work independently and manage multiple deliverables at the same time.
- Ability to function in a matrix environment and demonstrate a passion to succeed be self- motivated, dependable, committed, and a willingness to see a project through to its conclusion.
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to access all areas of the ministry throughout the work day.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, 25 pounds frequently and 7 pounds constantly.
- Required to obtain assistance of another qualified employee when attempting to lift or transfer objects over 25 pounds.
- Occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds above the head.
- Requires constant hand grasp and finger dexterity; frequent standing, walking, pushing and repetitive leg and arm movements, occasional bending, reaching forward and overhead, crouching and kneeling.
- Occasionally required to sit in a stationary position.
- Tolerate standing and walking for up to 8 hours at a time on hard and soft surfaces.
- Frequently able to communicate verbally and in written form.
- Frequently able to detect and discern both loud and soft sounds such as voices and phone calls.
- Frequently able to use all types of vision, such as close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception, to complete daily tasks.
- Constantly required to detect unusual odors that could indicate environmental issues.
- Position is Category I of Potential Exposure. Use of appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required for every employee engaging in Category I tasks. Frequently exposed to blood, body fluids, fumes, or airborne particles, and sharp objects potentially contaminated with blood borne pathogens or other infectious agents.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Work is generally performed in an indoor, well-lighted, well-ventilated, heated and air- conditioned environment.
- Subject to frequent interruptions by staff, residents, visitors, and volunteers.
- Subject occasionally to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, staff, and visitors.
- Possess a personal presence characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of ASL.
- Possesses a willingness to learn and apply Catholic Healthcare principles and values in the discernment and decision making process for all matters.
- Creates and maintains a partnership between employees, the community, and those we serve that fosters an environment honoring individual preferences, choices and traditions.
Via Christi Villages / Ascension Living is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status.
Electronic Medical Record
Diseases And Disorders
Long Term Care
Maintain Patient Confidentiality