To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2250 West Broadway Road
Mesa, AZ 85202
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Director of Manufacturing & Manufacturing Engineering / Plant Manager
Sloan • Mesa, AZ
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position is located at our Stone & Steel Division: 2250 W Broadway Rd #105, Mesa, AZ 85202
For more information, please visit www.stoneandsteel.com/
Sloan is the world’s leading manufacturer of commercial plumbing systems and has been in operation since 1906. We are at the forefront of the green building movement and provide sustainable restroom solutions. We manufacture water-efficient products including flush valves, electronic faucets, soap dispensing and sink systems along with vitreous china fixtures for commercial, industrial and institutional markets worldwide.
We have an immediate need for a Director of Manufacturing & Manufacturing Engineering based at our Stone and Steel division, headquartered in Mesa, AZ. For over 23 years Stone and Steel has helped some of the largest brands design and roll out superior vanity systems and accessories. Our dedicated staff of designers and engineers fabricate and install some of the industry’s most efficient, low maintenance, and environmentally safe facilities. This individual will manage all aspects of material planning, scheduling, manufacturing and shipping for customer orders for Solid Surface, Engineered Stone, and natural stone sinks and related products to ensure product is delivered as designed/specified and on-time. Manage all aspects of the manufacturing and procurement, and quality assurance processes to ensure the product meets all relevant code requirements, internal quality specifications and requirements. Responsible for developing new manufacturing technologies to continually improve cost, reliability, on-time delivery and quality. Responsible for managing cost improvement projects, manufacturing engineering, CNC / Waterjet programming, continuous improvement. Develop key suppliers to reduce landed cost, improve delivery performance and increase quality of outsourced items.
- Manage Mesa fabrication operation, including scheduling, CNC/Waterjet programming, maintenance, production employees, shipping and receiving
- Perform short, mid, and long-term capacity planning to ensure on-time delivery and to achieve planned growth.
- Develop and deploy new manufacturing technologies to improve SQDCP in Mesa and with key third-party partners
- Manage Continuous Improvement Activities for the Mesa facility, and key third-party partners.
- Manage all facility maintenance activities
- Report SQDCP metrics as required
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
- 10-15 years experience in manufacturing operations leadership with at least 5 years experience directly supervising shop-floor, hourly employees.
- 5 years experience working in a manufacturing operation that is QS/TS (or equivalent) certified
- 5 years experience in a leadership position with responsibility for material planning / scheduling
- 5 years experience implementing Lean Manufacturing / Lean Enterprise techniques / philosophies
- 3 years experience in a make to order / engineer to order business
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, Rx coverage for employee plus eligible dependents
- Life and AD & D insurance, dependent life insurance, long term disability, and HSA, FSA
- Employer matching 401K, PTO, holidays, EAP, and wellness programs
We Are Proud Partners With the Chicago Cubs:
We are a Legacy Partner of the Chicago Cubs and we are proud to be the organization’s official water efficiency partner! Through this relationship, which includes the naming rights to Sloan Park, the Cubs’ Spring Training facility in Mesa, Arizona, we have had the opportunity to promote our brand and continue our water conservation efforts in the city of Chicago and around the world.
JOIN AN INDUSTRY LEADER!
For additional company information please visit our website at www.sloan.com.
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer.