Reports to: Supervisor or other management member
Moves printed material by hand from machinery or loads to machinery. Moves material or finished product to pallets or from pallets to machines. Keep machine productive by keeping bins from filling and stopping production and consistently inspect mail and trays. Working in a warehouse environment and in a team oriented setting.
● Report any mechanical problems to the machine operator.
● Report any mail irregularities to the machine operator or lead.
● Flag and label full first and second pass mail trays.
● Sleeve and mail trays when full.
● Combine trays when multiple machines are used for first pass.
● Reads work orders and instructions to determine which materials are to be moved.
● Loads and unloads materials from pallets by hand. Feeds auto loaders with mail.
● Attaches identification tags or labels to materials or marks information on containers.
● Stacks materials into bundles and bands bundles together.
● Perform general housekeeping, makes minor repairs. And assists the machine operators.
● May perform very basic clerical functions.
● Assists with set up of equipment.
● May lead or train other material handlers.
● Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to, the proper handling of hazardous waste, lock out – tag out rules, and hearing and eye protection policies.
● Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Requirements
● High school diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required.
● Previous warehouse experience preferred.
● Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions and have general math skills.
● Ability to work in a team environment is required.
● Ability to work required overtime, weekends, and holidays.
● Must be able to perform tasks that require repetitive motion of hand/arms.
● Requires hand/eye coordination and hand/finger dexterity.
● Must be able to stand continuously and be able to lift up to 15 lbs. regularly, 35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.