As a team member of KW PROPERTY MANAGEMENT & CONSULTING, you are expected to understand and support the mission statement of the company and practice our GREAT values every day. These values include but are not limited to greeting and smiling; showing respect with name recognition and eye contact; accepting the empowerment to exceed everyone's expectations and showing enthusiasm for your position and duties; being accountable to show a positive attitude and accountable for your actions; and be trustworthy in your duties and transparent in everything you do. These are our GREAT values and part of your work practices and expected as part of your daily activities while working at KW Property Management and Consulting.
As being one of the key associates in “customer service” it is imperative to provide a professional and competent image: Service to the customer in a friendly and outgoing manner is essential, while timeliness and professional appearance are key.
The position is fundamental to the operational functions of the Company/Property and as such requires established organizational skills, with attention to detail and solid time management and good interpersonal skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Perform accounting functions by performing day to day task assigned.
Customer Service & Research:
- Ensure that the telephone is answered properly and messages are handled courteously, accurately and responded to in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all e-mails are responded to appropriately and in a timely manner.
- All personal telephone usage is prohibited during working hours.
Assist residents, property managers, district managers, senior accountants with questions related to A.R.
Research ledgers & provide results of researches in a timely manner.
Update resident information from required documentation.
Apply customer payments for assigned properties via several lockbox systems, check scanners, ach payments, & web portal payments.
Process credit card payments and credits.
Process adjustments relating to maintenance, special assessments, parking, and any other charges to resident accounts as needed.
Copying, filing, & scanning documentation as required.
- On a monthly basis, process late fees, finance charges, past due notices & send delinquent accounts to collections attorney as instructed by property manager.
- Adhere to processes established for write-off & submission of outstanding receivables to 3rd party collection agencies as required.
- Process adjustments relating to late fees & finance charges to resident accounts as needed.
- Process foreclosure & bankruptcy adjustments to resident accounts.
- Special projects as instructed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1 to 3 years work experience in related field.
- Bachelors of Accounting or Business Administration.
- Working knowledge of computer and associated programs.
- Ability to multi-task, set and manage priorities.
- Excellent communication and listening skills in order to interact with a diverse and multi culture population.
- Keyboarding ability with accuracy at 45-50 words a minute
- Must function in team player organized environment.
- Employee reports directly to the Accounts Receivable Supervisor.
KW Property Management & Consulting is a drug-free workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.