To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
10215 Douglas Avenue
Urbandale, IA 50322
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Finance Assistant ( Part Time)
Homemakers Furniture • Urbandale, IA
Posted 17 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Part-Time Finance Assistant
HOURLY RATE: $11
For more than 40 years, Homemakers Furniture has provided customers throughout Iowa with the largest selection of furniture at the lowest prices. As we continue to grow, we are looking for a highly motivated and personable candidate to serve as a part-time finance assistant.
Finance Assistants are responsible for assisting customers with purchases and financing, processing sales and cash register operations quickly, accurately and efficiently and maintaining outstanding customer service. Ideal candidates possess excellent customer service skills, positive attitudes and creative problem-solving abilities.
Specific duties include:
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer and maintaining outstanding standards
- Process customer financing, account analysis, collections, refunds and payments on customer accounts
- Operate register accurately and efficiently and accurately maintain all cash and media. Report any discrepancies immediately
- Ensure that no lines exist and take steps necessary to ensure customers in line are being waited on
- Ensure phone calls are answered in a timely, positive manner
- Ensure that all areas around your area are clean and organized
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements
- Possess knowledge of where items are on the floor in order to direct the customer to the product
he or she is in search of
- Communicate customer requests to management
- Complete any other tasks as assigned from time to time by any manager or team lead
When you join the Homemakers team, you are joining a family-operated organization with a rich 40-year history in the retail industry. With the backing of Nebraska Furniture Mart and Berkshire Hathaway, we continue to grow. A part-time position with Homemakers includes great opportunities for advancement, set schedule options, competitive pay and fantastic benefits.
Here is just some of what we have to offer our full-time employees:
- 401(k) with company match
- Profit sharing
- Employee discounts (including Nebraska Furniture Mart)
- Closed most major holidays
- Advancement opportunities
Build a rewarding, long-term career with us at Homemakers!
Background check and pre-employment drug screen are required.
Homemakers is a tobacco- and drug-free workplace. EOE
We are looking for a solid, reliable worker with a strong work ethic and a positive, engaging personality. You must be highly organized and detail-oriented while still being able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. It is also important that you display excellent verbal communication skills.
Specific qualifications include:
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to process all types of customer payment transactions (cash, check, credit card financing, and/or automatic debit cards)
- Computer, cash register, cash handling experience
- Ability to process and acess information utilizing the computer system
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to interact with other departments using a team player approach
- Respect company, co-workers and product
- Commitment to the assigned task
- Willing to work with a sense of urgency
- Willing to work with a team
- Willing to adapt to change and prepare an urgent product
- Ability to work 4-5 days a week
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Will work indoors
- Conditions may include hot/cold temperatures, dusty surroundings and noisy work environment