Wouldn't you like to work for a rapidly growing, award-winning, successful technology consulting firm? Ranked as the 2nd best mid-size company to work for in Chicago, it’s time you get in on the action. Think you're ready to take your career to the next level?
- This role is a 6-month contract-to-hire position offering a very competitive hourly wage and potential for full-time employment.
- Seeking 1-3 years of experience in a Business Analyst or Project Manager capacity. Some exposure to Compliance is a major plus!
The role of Business Analyst/Compliance Specialist, within the Quality & Risk team, will be responsible for ensuring that the firm is conducting its business in full compliance with regulations that pertain to its particular industry, as well as professional standards, accepted business practices, and internal standards and policies.
A Business Analyst/Compliance Specialist must have an innate and intuitive knowledge of the company’s goals and culture, as well as of the greater industries we support. They are charged not just with monitoring and enforcing company’s policies and procedures, but educating and instituting practices that will ensure the highest possible level of compliance.
We are looking for a unique individual that has both an ethical and a pragmatic approach to compliance. This role is crucial in helping organizations managing risk and ensuring that the firm continues to hold a positive reputation in the marketplace.
• Manage and contribute to the creation of compliance framework and programs
• Advise internal management or business partners on the implementation or operation of compliance programs
• Maintain documentation of compliance activities, such as complaints received or investigation outcomes
• Prepare management reports regarding compliance operations and progress periodically or as needed
• Conduct periodic internal reviews or audits to ensure that compliance procedures are followed
• Identify and conduct the internal investigation of compliance issues
• Disseminate written policies and procedures related to compliance activities
• Provide employee training on compliance related topics, policies, or procedures
• Assist in designing or implementing improvements in communication, monitoring, or enforcement of compliance standards
• Manage, contribute, and track the responses of client security questionnaires
• Review and track Professional Service Agreements (PSA)s/Master Service Agreements (MSAs), BAAs, related documents and other compliance documentation including deviations from standard policies
• Ensure the firm is tracking to all obligations as part of Client contractual agreements
• Work closely with Risk & Privacy Committee, IT, Legal, other Shared Service functions and the Practices Areas to draft regulatory memorandums, compliance recommendations and materials to support regulatory applications
• A "driver" personality - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for collegiality/relationship
• Extremely strong written, oral communication and presentation skills
• Extremely strong organization skills
• Minimum 1-3 plus years' experience in compliance, business analysis and project management
• Technology and IT security experience and knowledge strongly preferred
• Corporate policy audit experience is preferred
• Previous exposure to health care, financial or public company regulation preferred
• In addition to base qualifications a strong compliance manager holds the following traits:
o Ethical and principled: These are the single most important qualities of a compliance manager.
o Fair and modest: Willing to scrutinize all the facts without making a snap judgment, and interview any relevant employees for their perspective.
o Proactive: A honed alertness and vigilance to potential breaches in compliance. This means actively enforcing a mandatory reporting policy and seeking out any weakness in company dealings.
o Intelligent and willing to keep learning: Most industries that employ a compliance officer are subject to constantly changing legislation, so staying on top of things is vital.
o Strong interpersonal skills – Bringing others along to the right conclusion without alienating relationships.
o Diligent: Even when it becomes a hassle, a compliance officer must be willing to see an issue through to resolution. Every time
o A strong constitution and extra conviction: Solid backbone and the strength to stand by difficult decisions and be more influenced by right versus wrong than by relationships. Willing to take the lead in setting the tone for corporate integrity.