The Superintendent has comprehensive knowledge of all types of commercial construction and supervises complex projects and/or multiple projects. The Superintendent is responsible for scheduling and coordinating all onsite activities for the project assuring the project is on time, within budget, and to the quality specified.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project planning and scheduling;
- Direct all on-site activities;
- Submittal review;
- Coordinate all Owner, Architect and Contractor information;
- Oversee and direct all self-preformed work;
- Oversee and direct all subcontracted work;
- Oversee project-wide safety program;
- Oversee site quality control program;
- Coordinate inspection activities with permit agencies and special inspection requirements;
Works on job sites in a job trailer or outside in a construction environment. Will be exposed to weather, dirt/dust, loud noise, and is required to wear personal protective equipment. Is required to lift 40 lbs regularly and 80 lbs occasionally. May occasionally be in a typical office environment but rare. Must be able to work for periods of time in front of a computer.
- Preferred 10 or more years of field construction experience.
- Preferred 5 or more years in a supervisory capacity.
- Strong understanding of and ability to use P6 scheduling software.
- Thorough understanding of building construction, means and methods, scheduling and cost control procedures, general contract, general conditions, subcontract documents, drawings and specifications.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to write thorough, complete and timely reports and business correspondence and effectively communicate ideas and concepts.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret all necessary construction plans, blueprints and documents.
- Advanced critical thinking and judgment skills.
- Strong organization/time management skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proficient computer skills and a familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Must have, or complete within six months of hire, CPR and first aid certifications and OSHA 30 training.
- Must be available to work flexible hours. Work hours will be consistent with a Superintendent in the construction industry.
- Can work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience with construction software platforms.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Complex Problem Solving