To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Clyde, OH 43410
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources (Hr) Generalist
Engineered Manufacturing • Clyde, OH
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
TITLE: Human Resources Generalist / HR Generalist
General Description :
The Human Resource Generalist manages a variety of functions within the scope of the Human Resource (HR) Department including payroll, workers compensation, employment, safety, training, group insurance, and labor relations. Teams with the Wooster HR personnel in any of these functions, as needed. The HR Generalist reports to the Director, Human Resources.
HR Generalist Responsibilities :
- Ensures compliance with EPA standards and maintains EPA records. This includes completion and submission of quarterly reports updating plans and completing annual audits.
- Support and follow the Company Safety Program. Specific duties include administering to the several safety programs: Lock Out/Tag Out, safety inspections of facilities and personal protective equipment (PPE), safety incentives, safety newsletter, safety investigations, and safety committee.
- Liaison with the temporary agencies to provide the staffing requirements for all Bargaining Unit positions. Coordinate with agencies on processing payroll and forward the approved invoices to Accounting.
- Coordinate the transition/hiring of bargaining unit personnel from the temporary pool and other sources. Also administer to the recruitment for salaried non-bargaining positions.
- Oversee and record the Bargaining Unit performance evaluations to be completed by supervisors on temporaries, new hires, and semi-annual reviews. Review plans of actions to address sub-standard performance on any evaluation with supervision.
- Administer orientation to all new Bargaining Unit hires. Assist with the identification, planning, and coordinating of training for all personnel at time of hire, semi-annual review, and upon request of supervision.
- Administer to the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Provide counsel to management to ensure compliance. Communicate with Union Reps, as needed, to keep them timely informed and to resolve issues.
- Distribute payroll through the supervisors for all personnel.
- Prepare and maintain Bargaining Unit personnel and medical files and ensure timely and accurate entry of employment data into the HRIS system (ABRA).
- Data entry to the training and attendance tracking programs in ABRA. Coordinate effort with HR Representative on any training needs or attendance disciplines for Bargaining Unit personnel.
- Provide service to employees and visitors. Communicate with the proper HR Representative responsible for the function to ensure accurate and timely answers.
- Coordinate with the HR Manager on investigations of complaints of harassment or workplace violence.
- Coordinate special events such as health fair, Christmas party, summer outing, Health and Wellness Committee, etc.
- Maintain sufficient level of knowledge of the employment laws, policies, programs, benefit plans (group insurance and workers comp), and bargaining agreement.
- Liaison with the contract security force.
- ISO14001 – Ensure compliance with standards and maintain appropriate records.
- Other duties as assigned.
HR Generalist Preferred Qualifications :
- Experience with unionized facilities
- Good oral and written communication skills with ability to adapt the communications to the audience.
- Computer literate. Knowledge of ADP, E-Time, OPEN, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of employment laws
- Experience with safety programs.
Job Location :
Performed in the office and on the production floor. Some travel as required.
Equipment Used :
Personal computer with appropriate software, general office equipment, and personal protective equipment.