To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Gainesville, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Tribe Transportation • Gainesville, GA
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Operations Manager, this position maintains effective coordination of all company assets and information to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of services to customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain active real-time communication between truck drivers, customers, CSRs and Load Planners to ensure that load pick-up and delivery schedules are met.
- Manage drivers and create capacity by maintaining seated trucks and accurate driver time availability.
- Implement solutions when problems occur that require changes in pick-up and delivery schedules or alterations in assets necessary to meet delivery requirements.
- Maintain and actively manage the work schedules of assigned drivers to include compliance with DOT hours of service rules.
- Advise driver how to route truck if weather conditions are bad or if having health related issues.
- Sustain driver requirements to reduce driver turnover.
- Prepare and implement pass-down status reports to the Night Dispatch team.
- Prepare trip audit reports for every load to include but not be limited to mileage, layover reports, fuel costs and expense calculations.
- Verify and reconcile payroll reports and conduct problem resolution on a weekly and daily basis.
- Coordinate with Human Resources and Safety to ensure that company policies are followed and personnel issues are resolved in an effective and timely manner.
- Solicit and book appropriate freight to ensure maximum capacity requirements.
- Manage and document driver home time to meet driver needs and preserve asset utilization.
- Engage and participate in the orientation of new drivers.
- Maintain proper attendance and punctuality to ensure that the department is operated in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in managing trucking assets.
- Expert knowledge and skill in the technical details of the trucking business.
- Excellent communication, relationship building and planning skills.
- Ability to make sound business decisions in driver deployment.
- Understand the importance and value of effective customer relations and satisfaction to the success of the business.
- Understanding and application of FMSCA hours of service and logging a plus.
- A Bachelor Degree in Business or Logistics field preferred.
- TMW Knowledge desired.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered by employees performing essential job functions.
- General office environment
- Moderate to high communication and stress management requirements
- Consistent daily deadlines are encountered
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the incumbent to successfully perform essential job functions.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Consistent moderate to high stress may be encountered