REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Operations Manager, this position maintains effective coordination of all company assets and information to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of services to customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain active real-time communication between truck drivers, customers, CSRs and Load Planners to ensure that load pick-up and delivery schedules are met.
- Manage drivers and create capacity by maintaining seated trucks and accurate driver time availability.
- Implement solutions when problems occur that require changes in pick-up and delivery schedules or alterations in assets necessary to meet delivery requirements.
- Maintain and actively manage the work schedules of assigned drivers to include compliance with DOT hours of service rules.
- Advise driver how to route truck if weather conditions are bad or if having health related issues.
- Sustain driver requirements to reduce driver turnover.
- Prepare and implement pass-down status reports to the Night Dispatch team.
- Prepare trip audit reports for every load to include but not be limited to mileage, layover reports, fuel costs and expense calculations.
- Verify and reconcile payroll reports and conduct problem resolution on a weekly and daily basis.
- Coordinate with Human Resources and Safety to ensure that company policies are followed and personnel issues are resolved in an effective and timely manner.
- Solicit and book appropriate freight to ensure maximum capacity requirements.
- Manage and document driver home time to meet driver needs and preserve asset utilization.
- Engage and participate in the orientation of new drivers.
- Maintain proper attendance and punctuality to ensure that the department is operated in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in managing trucking assets.
- Expert knowledge and skill in the technical details of the trucking business.
- Excellent communication, relationship building and planning skills.
- Ability to make sound business decisions in driver deployment.
- Understand the importance and value of effective customer relations and satisfaction to the success of the business.
- Understanding and application of FMSCA hours of service and logging a plus.
- A Bachelor Degree in Business or Logistics field preferred.
- TMW Knowledge desired.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered by employees performing essential job functions.
- General office environment
- Moderate to high communication and stress management requirements
- Consistent daily deadlines are encountered
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the incumbent to successfully perform essential job functions.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Consistent moderate to high stress may be encountered
Employee Performance Management
Training And Development
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Tribe Express is one of the fastest growing asset based minority transportation companies providing truckload service via power only, dry, refrigerated, flatbed, tankers, and expedited modes. With a history of providing excellent service in these modes, Tribe Express, Inc. has built a substantial and reliable asset & fleet logistics base of partners to handle any shipment that is offered by our customers. Drivers and fleet operators are screened thoroughly by our Safety Resources Department, ensuring that only responsible drivers operating our quality equipment are assigned to move your freight. This network of capacity and shippers is bolstered by our cutting edge technology, innovation, and our extensive communication methods.This is all done with the personal touch of our experienced employees, available 24/7, who care for these loads from order tender to successful delivery.
View the full profile