Performance Dodge in Woodbury, NJ is looking for Master Technicians!!
Master technicians are tasked with repairing the most challenging and time-sensitive problems that vehicles have when they arrive at the service department. Master technicians also may spend much of their time diagnosing and repairing unusual problems, rather than conducting more routine vehicle service or simple repairs. In large shops, master technicians are specialized, using a variety of computerized systems to complete their work.
The duties of a master technician include:
- Conferring with customers or service advisors to obtain descriptions of vehicle problems, and to discuss work to be performed and future repair requirements.
- Examining vehicles to determine wear and extent of damage or malfunctions.
- Assisting the shop foreman/lead technician in recruiting and hiring qualified service technicians as well as assisting technicians with their skills, providing technical support when needed and monitoring performance and productivity.
- Testing and adjusting repaired systems to meet manufacturers' performance specifications.
- Ensuring that the shop is in excellent condition in regard to cleanliness, safety, and equipment condition, and conducting periodic spot checks to maintain high-quality service.
- Test-driving vehicles, and testing components and systems, using equipment such as infrared engine analyzers, compression gauges and computerized diagnostic devices.
Master technicians should:
- Have 5+ (preferably all 8) The National Institute of Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certifications which include:
- (engine repair, engine performance, heating and air conditioning, electrical systems, automatic transmissions, manual transmission and axle, brakes and front end)
- should have at least five plus years of experience as an automotive technician.
- Chrysler Certification preferred
- Automotive Industry
- Electrical Installation Work
- Engine Tuning
- Manual Transmission
- Monitoring And Installation Of Braking Systems